Van Gogh, Stary Night, 1889
Van Gogh, Stary Night over the Rhone 1888
Life Lines (2024), self-portrait by British portrait painter Louise Bird
And speaking of families...
Queen Victoria photographed with 29 members of her family in Coburg, Germany, gathered for the marriage of her grandchildren, Ernest Louis, Grand Duke of Hesse, and Princess Victoria Melita of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha on 21 April 1894. (I have no idea which grandchildren were getting married!)
If you haven't experienced trauma in your life, then you might consider that which your ancestors experienced. I've recently learned that un-healed trauma is passed down through the generations. I believe this, because my mother suffered from having an alcoholic mother, and then passed on her resulting addiction (religion for her) to my sister and myself, who made attempts to recover from codependency to the traumas.



,%20self-portrait%20by%20British%20portrait%20painter%20Louise%20Bird.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting! I appreciate hearing from you, especially if you're thinking about the topics I'm sharing.