Update about blog

The San Juan Mountains near Durango, along Highway 160. Yes the pole is to help plows know where the pavement edge is when it snows. I won’t be driving up there then!

Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Is this the last day to blog?

 Then there is the demise of Blogger.

Let's think seriously of options if and when it is no longer updated, when more and more glitches happen.

As Tom says, "You get what you pay for."

Though I answered "The best things in life are free."

The truth of the matter is that Google is focused elsewhere. The Blogger program is kept alive by mostly seniors, according to my grandchildren who twitter or instagram...they don't even FaceBook any more.

So here this 84 year old sits wondering how the 80 some odd (no you're not odd, just the number) bloggers that I follow will continue without my  knowing what's going on in their lives.

Not to mention, receiving no more comments because that function, as well as that of posting photos, has already been challenged in the last month. Before that I already lost the lists of blogs I was following, where nobody's latest blog is listed. For today there's still a list, but with an old blog title. And some of the blogs on that list seem to get left off entirely.

--------------

I'm now going to hopefully follow your blog posts with the aid of feedly DOT com. I will not be posting here on this "When I Was 69" blog for now. Look for me almost daily on Life in Durango.

--------------

So here are some of the blogs I enjoy reading...

-------------------

Of course the links are scrambled with the "/feeds/posts/default" but the links work when that part is left off!

The AC is On
https://anvilcloud.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Beyond the Fields We Know
https://www.beyondthefieldsweknow.org/feeds/posts/default
Salt & Light
https://saltairedaily.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Bless Our Hearts
http://www.blessourhearts.net/feeds/posts/default
Granny Sue's News and Reviews
https://grannysu.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Somewhere in Ireland
http://somewhereinirelanddailyphoto.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
The View from Squirrel Ridge
https://webcroft.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Tom The Backroads Traveller
http://backroadstraveller.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Interim arrangements
https://interimarrangements.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Vicki Lane Mysteries
http://vickilanemysteries.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
The Frog and PenguINN
https://thefrogandpenguinn.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Older but better...?
https://olderbut.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
New Decade, New Chapter, New Hampshire
https://birdsbloomsbooksetc.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
TempoSenzaTempo
https://temposenzatempo.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Skywatch Friday
http://skyley.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
FLORAL FRIDAY FOTOS
http://floralfridayfoto.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Comfort Spiral
https://comfortspiral.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Field and Fen
https://fieldfen.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Nina Paley
https://ninapaley.com/feed/
Dina's Wildlife Adventures
https://dinascitywildlife.com/feed/
Southwest Daily Images
https://hartforddailyphoto.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Beyond the Lone Islands
https://dawntreader-island2.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Viewing nature with Eileen
https://viewingnaturewitheileen.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
The Smart Cat
https://thesmartcat.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Ottawa Daily Photo
https://ottawadailyphotos.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Miss Merry's House with the Picket Fence
http://missmerry-s.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Live and Learn-Toss and Turn
https://liveandlearn-tossandturn.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
THE SONGS OF A NIGHTINGAIL
https://anightingailsings.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Life's Funny Like That
https://lifesfunnylikethat.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
St. Louis Daily Photo
https://saintlouismodailyphoto.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
It's a Small Town Life!
http://itsasmalltownlife.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Sydney - City and Suburbs
https://sydney-city.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
MOLLY'S CANOPY
http://mollyscanopy.com/feed/
Finding Eliza
http://findingeliza.com/feed
Eye on the Edge
http://eyeontheedge.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
St. Louis Daily Photo
https://saintlouismodailyphoto.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
E. TRAVELS
http://www.elizardbreathspeaks.com/feeds/posts/default
JUNK BOAT TRAVELS
http://junkboattravels.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Family History Fun
https://scotsue-familyhistoryfun.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
the beauty we love
https://beautywelove.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
It's a Small Town Life!
http://itsasmalltownlife.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Mille Fiori Favoriti
https://millefiorifavoriti.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Greetings from the Past
https://greetingspast.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Life Images by Jill
https://lifeimagesbyjill.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
stuff from ellen's head
https://ellenshead.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Shadows & Light
http://shadowsteve.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Lady Margaret's curlers
https://lindahoof.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
COLOURFULWORLD
https://sami-colourfulworld.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Sepia Saturday
https://sepiasaturday.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Rostrose
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
DRAGON DAYS
https://dragonstardays.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
    photographing New Zealand
https://myworldthrumycameralens.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Spare Parts and Pics
https://sparepartsandpics.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Reflections from Crumbly Acres
https://mymuskoka.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Viewing nature with Eileen
https://viewingnaturewitheileen.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Wendy Welch: Books, Yarn, Cats, Opioids
https://wendy-welch.com/feed/
Bless Our Hearts
http://www.blessourhearts.net/feeds/posts/default
Open Yesterday's Pages
https://openyesterdayspages.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Paying Ready Attention - Photo Gallery
https://paying-ready-attention-gallery.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
In Forest and Field
https://forestandfield.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Where the hawthorn tree grows
https://hawthornspellweaver.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
My Village Witch
https://www.myvillagewitch.com/feed/
She Who Seeks
https://shewhoseeks.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
sparklingmerlot
https://sparklingmerlot.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
"ook?!"
https://gzandco.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Sandra’s Ancestral Research Journal
https://ancestralresearchjournal.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
ApacheDug's Teepee
https://apachedugs.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
An English Girl Rambles from 2016 to ....
https://anenglishgirlrambles2016.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Durango.com
https://www.durango.com/feed/
Cranium Bolts
https://craniumbolts.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
News From Nowhere
https://newsfromnowhere1948.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

12 comments:

  1. It has been working fine for me. There is always WordPress, but I don’t know if they could handle the sudden influx. You sure have a long blogroll. I don’t know how you do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately a lot of these blogs don't post daily. I miss some of their posts of course. And I don't comment each time I read a blog. I've really enjoyed the news of people's own lives, their own views on things. It's a community for me as I've left the familiar groups in Black Mountain.

      Delete
  2. ...so you think that Blogger is "aging out?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I check my blog every morning. I've learned that many blogs will list as posting days or even a week before are indeed posting every day. Facebook and others are fine for quick up-dates, but my blog is a little more private and a space to mull things over.
    I look forward to your daily posts, Barb.Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be over on the new blog for now. Hope to see you there.

      Delete
  4. I'm having to click on the blog title on either the blog roll or the reading list to get the latest post. I might try Feedly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a while (or maybe the Feedly app) to figure out how to list blog sites there. Haven't tried reading them yet...today is my first Feedly day!

      Delete
  5. That's quite a list, Barbara. Phew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad they don't all publish every day. I've tried to leave off a few who haven't posted for a few months. But I don't want to miss their gems when they happen to come back.

      Delete
  6. Well, Blogger DID fix the commenting issue, the photos issue, and other little glitches so, perhaps naively, I'm taking that as a sign that it will eventually fix the blog feed issue. I remember a few years back there was a similar blog feed problem, so I switched over to Bloglovin for my feed. In a few months, Blogger's feed was working again and I ditched Bloglovin. I hear "The Old Reader" is a good free blog feed too, so I may switch my blog feed to them. Let's keep our fingers crossed about Blogger!

    I've resumed daily blogging at "She Who Seeks" as of today. Another act of optimism, hahahaha?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know you're back. I look forward to seeing your posts.

      Delete

Yay comments are working now!