I like watercolors of cats... by Elena Wuest, The Tangerine Hour. This may not be a watercolor. I've added a YouTube at the bottom of this post of more of her art.
I love when the temperatures drop after midnight and I can open the windows.
"Caws for Concern" last Saturday was International Day of the Cat!
----------------
The owners of this property have fenced off their garden area...but the deer enjoy the leaves on their trees, thus there aren't any lower than the reach of the hungry critters.
Sharing with Saturday's Critters
--------------------
Groceries (and gas) cost more in Durango than they did in Black Mountain NC. So rather than paying $7 for a loaf of mixed grain bread, I baked some. I found my dried buttermilk which was packed in a U-Haul truck had baked into a hard cake of something inedible, so I just used water instead. My bread was kind of thrown together without a recipe, but it is tasty.
I found some more Elena Wuest paintings on this YouTube. No more cats though!




Good morning from a somewhat cooler place. We are having pretty decent days lately. Enjoy your bread.
ReplyDeleteIt's finally cooler here, with a high of 83 expected today! The nighttime low was 51, about an hour ago. I have my windows open to fresh mountain air! Finally enjoying what I came here for! (Well, one of the things!)
Delete"The Tangerine Hour" is indeed a very beautiful and accomplished watercolour!
ReplyDeleteMe too, isn't it wonderfully done? Watercolors that shine with that light are the true examples of the best of that medium.
Delete...I love The Tangerine Hour too. Deer sure are adaptable critters.
ReplyDeleteYes indeed. Now I think I'll search around and see what else that artist has done.
DeleteI believe "The Tangerine Hour" has enchanted us all.
ReplyDeleteMay you continue to get cooler weather!
Saturday dawned nice a cool and with a few clouds scuttling over. Windows thrown open, deep breaths of fresh cool air! I added a YouTube of some of Wuest's art work.
DeleteSome people love to see deer in their yards. While we have deer out here, my daughter has seen some on her property, I'm glad they aren't here in my little neighborhood. They eat everything.
ReplyDeleteI am surprised to see deer in urban settings still. The folks here apparently just think of them as a nuisance. I'm used to bears, and come to find out, they're also interested in garbage cans here too!
DeleteI'm still waiting for the nights to cool off, and the humidity to drop. Not yet. That's a lovely painting!
ReplyDeleteHumidity goes up a bit at night, but our sunny days (mostly) are dry. I think this area is always somewhat dry.
DeleteThere's nothing better than homemade bread...I can eat it until I explode! lol Love the deer pics. I'm sure life is very different there but you'll enjoy it. The winter will be something else but I'll be anxious to hear about your time there! Hugs, Diane
ReplyDeleteI have enjoyed hitting Colorado in its hottest phase...and look forward to its coldest! But mainly am excited about the changing seasons of fall and spring!
DeleteHello Barb,
ReplyDeleteYour bread does look tasty! I love to see deer, wonderful sightings and photos. The painting of the cats are awesome. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.
I really don't know how you do it all Eileen...and really appreciate you! Thank for stopping by, after hosting the meme for Saturday's Critters!
Delete