Update about blogCa

Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Biogas digestor in Columbia

 Sharing another blog post from a friend who's living in Barichara, Columbia, South America.

Cathy Holt is an active member of the Earth Regenerators Network. She’s passionate about regenerating landscapes with water retention, agro-forestry, and biogas digestors.

I loved reading her latest post about making a new digestor for biogas, out in the wilds of the jungle, and yet being totally effective with inspired "Rube Golberg" type inventions.

A Biogas Digester for Rosita


I'm so glad that she has lived and taught in Asheville and Black Mountain NC in the past, so I can enjoy her blogs where she speaks as a person who sincerely listens to others and gives her ideas and energies freely.





9 comments:

  1. ...this is something that I know little about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I've just read Cathy's blogs to learn about it.

      Delete
  2. That is really interesting. So many creative people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to have some folks willing to try out these new methods. I guess when you have very little, the concept of having your trash turn into fuel with which to cook would certainly be of interest!

      Delete
  3. Barbara, I agree with Jenn Jilks...lot of creativity out there! It needs to be harnessed but first the general public has to buy into the need and importance of the effort. FYI...Our Klements hot dogs are better than any brat I've ever eaten...and we've spent a lot of time in Brat heaven, Wisconsin. Just our opinion... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, doing some new technique is only for those who see the need and are willing to try something new. Not everyone of course. We have a good German restaurant here in town which is where most sausage lovers tend to go. I'm really trying to eat less fats so I'll leave the meats to you.

      Delete
  4. As to your question about the spam folder, this is the process on my iPad: While signed on, go to blogger dot com (or click the Blogger button on the other upper left on your blog). Click the three lines on upper left and select Comments. On the left of the Comments screen, look for the arrow (triangle) to drop down the menu. Click it and you see the menu that I showed. Select Spam.

    Hopefully there will not be much there but I am seeing multiple comments that should not be there. I check it almost every day and sometimes there are one or two and sometimes there are 30 or 40. Let me know what you find.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.