Update about blogCa

Saturday, April 22, 2023

Back to my roots - The Earth Goddess

 I recognize that many readers of my blog have a different view of life/death/spirituality. But this is my blog, thus my opinions are shared here. I do welcome your comments.

Moving away from all the mayhem of dealing with our Climate Crisis and coming to hopefulness on Earth Day, and then the gun laws that need to drastically be altered, I felt a thrill at hearing a familiar tune played when I stopped at a locally owned shop for coffee the other day.

I asked if the baristas knew what the tune was, and they looked on their playlist, only to find it was written in Greek.

I first heard it in videos on the Goddess, produced in Canada by Donna Read, (not the actress)

So I looked on line to find the tune, and give credit to the musicians. The first of three videos greeted me instead, with Loreena McKennett as the musician. So I listened until I heard the music that had been in the coffee shop. Yep it was there. So apparently it went to Greece and that recording was the one that they were playing. I enjoyed finding the videos to stream again! They are somewhat dated, (1989) but also share some interviews with goddess educators who are no longer with us.

The Goddess Remembered is HERE if you're interested in the great mother that was worshiped before the Bible was ever written.


6 comments:

  1. She has a beautiful voice and sound, but I really have trouble hearing her words — even the English ones. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sound track of the video isn't all that great for the music.

      Delete
  2. Good research! I do like Loreena!

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.