Update about blogCa

Thursday, May 12, 2022

The flowers were planted

 in their pots!

This is the geranium I planted last week, my first spring flower!

Verbena with marigolds.




Calibrocha (Million Flowers?)..with marigolds

Gardenias again



Just marigolds...but there are some succulents as dead stems that I think will also come back again. I've seen a couple that made it through the winter already.

And I find just buying one plant at a time is an easy way to keep working on my little porch gardens. Grocery store provided a fully grown cilantro. The supports of the hanging planter were needed after taking the plant out of its sleeve. I need to harvest some of this delicious herb soon!



At the Tailgate Market on Sat. morning, I bought a little potted coleus...which promises to grow much bigger. It has been transplanted into a big planter which also has been planted with seeds of Four O'Clocks...both the volunteers from last year, as well as a few seeds I harvested from last year's flowers.  I hope they come up. We had a gentle rain the night after I planted them, which should help!



Today's quote:

"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Pablo Picasso b. 10.25.1881

17 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Your flowers and the cilantro all look great. We have not purchased our annuals yet, I am afraid we could have another frost.
    Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the buying of one or two at a time, as I don't feel the budget crunch of a whole bunch of flowers or herbs. Goodness, I hope your frosts are behind you! Have a good day yourself!

      Delete
  2. How wonderful! I think I am ready to buy some flowers! (ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good idea...and I'm practicing a new method, so I don't know exactly how much I've spent on plants! Bringing one home at a time, then repotting it, and another, each in their own time. Loved seeing your "polliwogs" today!

      Delete
  3. I planted some pots too yesterday. More to do. Yours will be very striking with the color combinations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I avoided red plants last year, having a big purple petunia hanging basket. But I had to be dead-heading it all the time, which got to be a pain. And it didn't last through the heat either. So we'll see if these reds make it through the summer. I hope you share photos of your planted pots!

      Delete
  4. Me too! I'm slowly bringing out plants and potting up some herbs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's great! A few at a time still leaves my porch covered in soil, but then I can always broom it off! A good excuse to clean up more often.

      Delete
  5. You are quite the gardener! I love how your potted flowers look. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin. I have to carry out a gallon of water for these plants, plus another half gallon for the gardenia, which may be on its last leg. And another half gallon for the balcony guys. When it gets hotter (it's already hit 80 a few tmes) I'll have to bring the philodendron back inside.

      Delete
  6. You are the container garden expert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And narry a thing to eat...except fresh cilantro for my salads!

      Delete
  7. I love the colour of that geranium.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny. I hope it produces blooms all summer like the oranger red geraniums do!

      Delete
  8. I need to work on my garden.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.