Update about blogCa

Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Posies and this tulip is really purple!

 

The last of the orchids is still blooming. I could learn how the shape of it's pot is working well to give it ready nutrition. It's just a bowl with a hole in the bottom!


I will miss this one, the last orchid for this year. 






And the last of a bouquet in a caldron from May Day. 

Today's quote:

No government can love a child, and no policy can substitute for a family's care. But at the same time, government can either support or undermine families as they cope with moral, social, and economic stresses of caring for children. 
-Hillary Clinton, Secretary of State and Senator (b. 26 Oct 1947)

14 comments:

  1. ...you sure are successful with orchids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tom...I figure I'm just lucky. I sure have no great knowledge about them!

      Delete
  2. Sue got an orchid for MDay. She doesn't have the best lick, but it looks good now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess the only thing I've learned is water it just once a week, very minimal amount.

      Delete
  3. Your orchids are so beautiful. You really have some lovely flowers there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ones in the cauldron were gifts for our May Day ritual. I am looking all over for some new ones this week!

      Delete
  4. Barbara, Love the orchid! We've had a couple of them over the years that just bloomed and rebloomed with minimal attention. Love the deep red geranium blossoms from yesterday as well! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yes, so glad you all had good results with the minimal attention method. It's pretty amazing!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful orchid. I bought my first orchid recently I hope it survives. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Minimal attention, water once a week, just a bit. What color is yours?

      Delete
  6. The orchids are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...this little plant sure put out a lot of blooms. I love seeing them every day!

      Delete
  7. Never was successful with orchids beyond the first blooming. By the way I think I found that deep red geranium today. Those and other annuals are safely in the barn tonight because we have a freeze warning tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good you found another geranium that's that deep red. Glad you put it in shelter from the freeze. Your gardens outside will hopefully be ok with the freeze.

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.