Update about blogCa

Monday, January 21, 2019

Oh the moon is full and it's cold outside!

So I've made my little newly transplanted violets, and the orchid, a kind of "green house" where I'll leave a light on all night to keep them warm.  They are near a window, and with such low temps, (forecast is 10 degrees fahrenheit.) I dare saw the area inside the window will not be any 65 degrees.  Maybe this will give them a bit of tropical temperatures (as they like best.)

 The rosemary is hardy enough to stay in the windowsill.  The heating unit is directly to the left on the wall, so it will keep the room somewhat warm tonight.   The management has asked us to keep some water running so pipes don't freeze.  Good idea.

So I'll put new batteries in the Nikon and wake up around 11:30 to see whatever eclipse I might see.  Actually I hope to see the moon itself earlier.  I'll show you my efforts tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Hope you got to see the moon and eclipse. We had clouds, so not a hint of it. I like how you take care of your plants there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next day comment...I did go out to see beginning of eclipse at 10:30, but by 11:30 was sound asleep! I'll show you my lame photos tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The plants are still ok this morning, Robin Andrea. It was 8 when I woke up...but probably in teens by now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only just today found your blog, and I am so happy that I finally have.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.