Update about blogCa

Friday, August 3, 2018

Personal perspectives



 I made the sangria pitcher, which is held by my son here.  The little grimlin hooked over the side is an avatar, a paper-doll model of herself, made by my granddaughter.


 I wanted an activity for my grands when I visited them several years back, so we took photos and computer edited them, then glued them onto card stock and cut them out, then added some stand-up features like paper-doll models have.

We then spent a day going all over their familiar sites and taking photos with the avatar in the foreground and the signs of their parks and restaurants in the backgound.  But alas, I've lost all those photos with many times moving them from one flash drive or another.  Below are the three avatars we made, propped on the pitcher.

Granddaughter has her own face and body, grandson (in green shirt) enjoyed doing some cubistic editing, and mine is a self portrait with marker pens.

These memories are shared as prompted by the Sepia Saturday meme this week.




A real (no editing used) juxtoposition of my head in front of some scenery from Mt. Mitchell, NC.

Here I'm just enjoying a rocking chair in front of the White Squirrel window (which alas is no longer like this) in Brevard, NC

A friend plays tour guide by one of the beautiful waterfalls in NC...this is one you can walk behind.  Dry Falls, NC 

Today's Quote:
"Whichever road I follow, I walk in the land of many gods, and they love and eat one another. Suddenly all my ancestors are behind me. Be still, they say. Watch and listen. You are the result of the love of thousands.” 
~ Linda Hogan, Dwellings: A Spiritual History of the Living World

4 comments:

  1. I liked the hand made illusion with the photo in the pitcher. It was a tough challenge, I think and you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little avatars are very clever. Placed next to your pottery they remind me of the little people in the Borrowers. And as you demonstrate, with the right camera perspective anyone can be a giant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my I don't know the "Borrowers." Guess I need to find out who/what the little people were.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great selection of phots for this week's prompt (and absolutely gorgeous pitcher). I particularly like the quote about the ancestors. I have a glass wine pitcher that belonged to my Italian my great-grandfather and I've been wondering how to label it for posterity. A tiny stand-up photo of him with a caption may be just the thing. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.