Update about blog

The joy of waking to this view each morning is just so wonderful. Even if the camera sees all the distortions from the window screen, I easily ignore them. Many of these green trees stand near or by the Animas River which flows through the town.

Thursday, August 27, 2026

Movie and gratitude

 Thankful Thursday

I watched a Netflix movie the other night, Song Sung Blue. Hugh Jackman and Kate Hudson playing a musical couple who sing tributes to Neil Diamond. It is full of music which I love, and a story that is long and gripping. I felt really good having watched it. I've never seen a Diamond concert, besides in videos. And I listened to his music since the 70s. 

There are also underlying themes in the movie, to keep on having hope, to work out problems (if possible) and to show love to the best of your abilities. At least that's what I took from it. I may watch it again!!


-------------

It sort of inspired me to stay up way past my bedtime and to start something new. I got creative again. Blogging at least. Life in Durango has started as my new blog this week.

I've felt lots of connection with other bloggers lately, probably as I told of my life moving to a new town. There sure have been supportive comments as I dealt with all the details. But I've also been ignoring the issues that matter most to my life.

Have those things become less important? Goddesses, climate change, women's issues, the environment, politics? Perhaps they had to take a back seat as I "settled into a new place." But I still was aware of them. So I'm going to be posting more here again (already started) while shifting the Durango life to a new blog!

It feels good as of now. Oh and I had to name a new blogspot address, I'm now durangobarb.blogspot.com. I've been blackmtnbarb for 19 yars or so. And before that boardwalkbarb! Now I can try to belong here. It will take a while, I suspect! I love how the syllables look different, like dur-an-gob-arb!

-----------

Thankful Thursday


-------------

The pulmonary test was yesterday, I didn't do that well. This morning I meet the new pulmonologist. I am feeling pretty down about my prospects of beating the breathing limitations. Wish me luck and everything else that might influence my health.

3 comments:

  1. Here's wishing you lots of luck and whatever you need for better health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's still a bit early in your "altitude adjustment" to be discouraged by any pulmonary test results. You will still see improvement. Love your new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only remember him from a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate hearing from you, especially if you're thinking about the topics I'm sharing.