Update about blogCa

Sunday, December 3, 2023

Jackie Morris, artist

 

Since I loved her illustrations, I signed up for this book, though I'm not familiar with the story.

This will be a nice story to spend some time with.

This was my gift to myself last birthday...but coming from the UK, and their publication and packaging problems, I finally got it when I sent a reminder that a. I'd paid for it already, and b. they said it would be delivered in Oct. It arrived the next week.

Some of my friends and relatives may receive some specially illustrations this season. 100 to choose from! And all gorgeous!



Today's quote: 

One of the oldest human needs is having someone to wonder where you are when you don't come home at night. -Margaret Mead, anthropologist ( 1901-1978)

She used to blog, which is how I first discovered her...she'd take walks to the sea with her cats.

Jackie Morris inking otters, at the Spell Song's First Gathering.


11 comments:

  1. A wonderful artist. I miss her blog, fb is not the same

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some of us sharing the same blogging memories...at least you and I remember John Bauman and Jackie Morris. Did you also read the blog (sometimes sporadically until this year) of Terri Winddig's Myth & Moor? I probably have spelled her name wrong.

      Delete
  2. Hello,
    The books sounds interesting. Nice scene with Margaret and her cat. Take care, have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...her painings are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Do look her art up on line. She was illustrated the book "Lost Words," and I think every school library in the UK received a copy.

      Delete
  5. Jackie Morris is an amazing artist and thank you for this post as I plan to look her up online. Also nice to see your selfie! I am a bit behind in blog reading and trying to catch up.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.