Update about blogCa

Sunday, November 5, 2023

Dona Nobis Pacem

Thanks to fellow blogger who mentioned this site...I think it's a good idea. Blog4Peace

I am a Peace Blogger!


You might have expected this of me. Though it takes a while for me to join groups...there's nothing (so far) that looks threatening here. They didn't ask for anything more than that title, and sharing it to their email. From there I guess they'll share it elsewhere.

Quote for today:

The moment we choose to love we begin to move against domination, against oppression. The moment we choose to love we begin to move towards freedom, to act in ways that liberate ourselves and others.

BELL HOOKS


4 comments:

  1. Hi Barbara, I love the optimism! Unfortunately I am not positive when it comes to this goal. Religion, Greed, a 'better life' and Power, and combined and exacerbated by instant and frequently misleading information on the Internet...equal continuing conflict. My goal would be to avoid all out war while not 'giving up the farm'. Too many humans seek conflict of one type or another for one of the above reasons. I am all for peace...but won't be surprised if we don't see it. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we consider how all world religions have love your neighbor and do not do to them what you don't wish to have done to yourself (our Christian Golden Rule)...there is a theme which runs through many people's lives. The majority of people in the world, I believe, don't want to kill others or die for some cause or another. Then the hate mongers of political entities separate us, teach us to hate those who are different than us...and of course tell us that "they killed someone you loved." So revenge enters in. It's all so sad. So yes, I still believe in peace. War is unnatural for humans when we bother to listen to each other.

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.