Update about blogCa

Thursday, November 2, 2023

Different countries ban different foods

 The title of this article 25 Foods Banned Around the World was interesting and then more so. I kept reading. We passed 25 long ago, and 35, and 55, and when I finally stopped I'd gotten to 125 foods that had something in them that were banned somewhere.

Of most importance to me was the fact that I still eat a few of those foods, which aren't banned in the USA. There are other countries, including the EU and France which already have banned them.

Try Pillsbury different kinds of biscuits and rolls. Yep, they've got additives that make them taste better, and last longer, which are carcinogenic!

OK, goodbye to those pop-up tubes of flaky rolls. I can now look closer at the bread products that I purchase that are already baked.

It's an interesting article. That's all I can say!

And on a lighter note...hello there!


Today's quote:

The grateful heart is a manifestation of one’s true self. Nothing sidelines the ego more effectively than a grateful heart.

ALBERT NOLAN

9 comments:

  1. I'm happy to see that I don't eat any of the foods listed apart from Marmite and pepper (which I shall avoid eating while I'm in space!). I can't help thinking that tobacco and alcohol are probably more harmful than any of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point...and we could add lots of other drugs of choice to that...whether legal or not. Glad you'll forego pepper while in space.

      Delete
  2. That is a long list of foods being banned. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There seem to be some countries who really want to protect their citizens from harmful chemicals.

      Delete
  3. ...processed foods are a no,no!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn’t quite finish the article because a pop-up ad made it impossible to scroll on my device, but some of those rules seem pretty arbitrary. Banning vegetarian meals, for instance. While I am not a fan of vegan meals, vegetarian meals can be nutritious even for children. Eggs and cheese are pretty good sources of nutrients.

    The instant potatoes I buy are made by Bob’s Red Mill, and they do not have any additives. Most of that other stuff, I don’t eat. My digestion is very particular.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.