Update about blogCa

Wednesday, November 1, 2023

And a note for November!

I'm not sure where I'm going with this blog now. Not too interested in sharing links to my three passionate social actions at this time. The news has blotted out my energy for now.

Personally I'm dealing with the dental issues. First I went to second dentist to get plan for a bridge, then he said he could put a crown on it. Then he changed his mind after looking seriously at the Xray, and wants to do a bridge. I said fine. Then I started waiting for them to call to schedule it. Not very patiently.

I called a day later (Tues) and asked when I could schedule doing it...was tired of trying to smile without scaring people, even though it was Halloween. They said they were waiting on insurance. I said, please do it and I'll pay what I have to. I can use the insurance on the rest of my poor mouth!

For now, here's the geranium which I couldn't bear to let freeze Tuesday night.

So now I'm scheduled on Thursday to have the bum tooth pulled, and prep work done for the pillars that will support the bridge. So for a few weeks I'll look even worse when smiling. After that heals then they do the imprint to make the bridge. Yay. I can try to wear a mask when around people! 

At the same time I finally got to see a gastroenterologist on Tuesday about my bowel problems (and I know you don't really want to know.) So she's doing tests and has a different level of one of the drugs I'm already taking to try. So that means driving back and forth to Asheville. It's not too bad if it's not rush hour. Or when tourists from out of state are driving like maniacs. They appear every so often without announcement. And oh those 85 mph drivers scare the daylights out of me, going the speed limit of 60! And veering around between lanes. 

I don't know if I'll have anything to say here. 


Today's quote:

Our lives can sometimes become status quo and that is ok as long as we aren't keeping it that way on purpose.



10 comments:

  1. I am sorry that you are having such a difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it feels like I'm climbing a mountain and may be near the peak. Hopeful as always.

      Delete
  2. Hi Barbara, My better half replanted our geraniums in a new planter in the house for winter... As for dental work, I just grimace every time I get more bad dental news. The impact on the finances is always significant too! As for the news, how could your energy be numbed by the world and US news?! Everything is so screwed up world-wide, it is definitely mind boggling! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, I think I'll sit in a corner and sulk. I have no control over anything but myself. So getting my teeth to work better, and maybe share smiles which don't make people cringe inside while they smile back thinking, poor old gal, losing her teeth already. They never say anything, and if I bring it up, they usually say they hadn't noticed. One dear woman today wanted me to try at least two alternative therapeutic approaches. I said thank you, this is what I've already decided.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. True. And ignoring them (as I sure did many a time in the past) has more consequences than it used to.

      Delete
  4. Sorry about your tooth! I am in need of a dentist myself. I still have my wisdom teeth on the bottom and one of them needs to be pulled out. I absolutely hate dental work! Asheville seems a long way to go, but we had to go to Atlanta for a vascular surgeon. Just the cost of living in small communities, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think 2 of mine were pulled, during pregnancies they started to come through. Right now I can't remember if it was uppers or lower wisdom teeth. But there are still 2 in there, not doing anything at least. Yes, small communities do have that price to pay for the experts who are only available in urban environments. My dentist once said she was looking to move to a less urban place...but still within an easy commute. Aren't they all?

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.