Update about blogCa

Monday, November 7, 2022

Joyful in a sinking ship

Sunday, first day of Eastern Standard Time

 Well, democracy may be sinking from the battering of MAGA-hatted fools who listen to lying tricksters. (I voted, all my friends voted, and we are pessimistically hopeful.)

But when I woke up this morning, I first did the "thankful for this day" routine.

Said I to myself "This is the last day of my life, whether it goes another day, week, month, year or decade. I am glad for it."

After that, and getting used to the skin I was in, gravity greeting my feet again on the side of the bed, I looked around and saw that I had become a butterfly, as I left my chrysilis and picked up the dirty clothes I'd flung on the floor last night. 

So here I've flown, my first flight of the day, to sip the nectar of coffee, and look at the laptop of beautiful messages. I breathe a deep breath, and smell something not quite pleasant. Maybe time for shower and breakfast...then on with my human life  tasks of the day.

I'll meet many other butterflies today when I go to church. I'll smile at them, behind my mask protecting my lungs from virus particles, and be glad again to be flying in this lifetime.



Poppies and Butterflies, Vincent van Gogh, 1889

12 comments:

  1. Sending hope...we need it as well.
    Fly well butterfly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...who kew that there were so many idiot in this country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    Love the Poppies and butterfly image. I hope there is a way to right this ship, it feels very scary.
    Take care, enjoy your day! Have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is truly poetic! I enjoyed reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post, but I am having a time getting over flinging your clothes on the floor. 😎 I could see where it could become a symbolic sort of gesture though, fraught with meaning. I hope you met some nice butterflies the next day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lost the first reply. Probably best, because I truly didn't remember saying I had flung clothes on the floor. Socks lay across shoes, and some pieces of undergarments were haphazard next to them. I sure did meet lots of butterflies the next day...many friends!

      Delete
  6. Gratitude is a sane approach to this crazy life. There is beauty in small things, if not in the big things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, each small thing, each gentle gesture, a movement that's barely discernable...many places to find gratitude, and to fit into the world a bit more comfortably.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Me neither...someone on FB posted it. It looks like him.

      Delete
  8. Barbara, Like yourself, I feel lucky to wake up every morning able to enjoy the little things around us that make life a positive experience. It's understandable that you blanked out after looking at all the automobiles I talked about at The Ford Museum of Innovation. I sure have thrown a lot of cars into the mix in the last few posts. There will be a break before I do it again! Have a great day and Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you took so many photos, and knew so much (or found out) about each of them. And I admire your stamina (both of you) walking all over the place.

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.