Update about blogCa

Monday, September 24, 2018

Chilly weather

Suddenly it's autumn.
Yesterday may not have been sunny all the time as we drove from one place to another in the wonderful mountains, but it was 80 something outside and muggy...still summery. (I'll add the photos over on my "Living in Black Mountain" blog from our fun trip soon!

Then last night the cool front finally arrived.
This morning I closed windows because the breezes were too chilly!


I pulled the sliding storm window down on the balcony door.  I can still see if a hummingbird might visit, but haven't seen one yet this morning.  Perhaps they decided it's too cool for them.  I know they usually migrate about now.  I'll leave the feeder up for a few more days.

And just to link this post from today to yesterday, here's another vintage picture to share.


This is how my mother quilted many quilts which I slept under as a child.  I hadn't seen anyone else using this kind of frame before, but it sure did bring back memories.  She only quilted until 1949, when we moved from Houston, Texas to St. Louis, Missouri.  She started working full-time in an office then, so no more hand crafts from her talented fingers.



Quote for today:
Having the wisdom to know that life is but a dream does not mean that we ignore living. Madisyn Taylor on Daily Om

No comments:

Post a Comment

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.