Update about blogCa

Saturday, September 22, 2018

Equinox today!

Happy Equinox everyone!
Saturday, September 22, 9:54 P.M. EDT

That's what the old farmer's almanac says is the beginning of winter, or when the earth's tilt decides to change directions.

Here's an older post for today...(I find my thoughts are often so mundane!)




Friday, October 26, 2012


Dawn's early light

I don't have dogs...I don't wake and go for walks at dawn.  I have cats who insist I get out of bed and open the can and put it in their bowls.  If they had thumbs they wouldn't need me at all.

So today I did something rather irregular for me.  I fed them and made my first cup of coffee at 7:30.  A. M. that is.  Before the sun came into the windows.  The sky was pearly grey, no colors, so probably no clouds.

Now, at 8:12, the sun is just coming over the treetops, and guess where it hits first, at this post autumnal equinox season?  My computer screen!

It is tilted till I can't read the screen with my wonderful new glasses.  I finally give up and use the laptop screen, which I can at least position lots of different directions as I play tag with sunbeams.  What a lovely problem to have.  I'm delighted, though slightly blind from the shine off of various surfaces.

Thanks for sunshine.  The light by which we all live.

And another old post from another year...


Sunday, September 22, 2013



Autumnal Equinox greetings

The way I've looked it up, Gaia, our glorious globe the earth, will be standing upright at 4:45 EDT this afternoon...with the sunlight balanced perfectly as she tilts away and towards her poles, like a lovely blue top.

Not my photo, from Wikipedia images

Isn't it fascinating to think of her core of molten magma, full of magnetic fields which somehow align with the poles, which somehow help birds and insects and maybe everything else, migrate in the right direction, finding home.

Everything else? Well, how about the compasses??  Simple that iron (or even a steel needle) points north...when floated on a non-metalic surface...and thus Columbus got to our shores.  Of course knowing the stars helped navigation, and having a sextant too.  And having a clock that could keep working in order to tell correct time over 24 hours.  Well, so some TV show led me to believe, all these things together helping men (sorry women, it really was men) navigate the seas and thus civilized (i.e. Western Europe) people took over the Americas.

Just think if they'd gone straight to India as they intended...

Ah, what do you intend to do today?
I intend to just be.
Happy first day of Autumn for my friends in North America.

The delightful French Broad River, Asheville, NC


No comments:

Post a Comment

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.