Update about blogCa

Friday, May 5, 2023

The irreversibility of life

 A wise friend recently said she'd like to have life reversed, so we start out old, then become young (and of course have all the wisdom that older folks bring to a young agile body).

Someone in our group said, oh you mean like Benjamin B... what was his name anyway?

Not Benjamin Bunny, which for some reason overrides the name of the movie. 

I don't think becoming a baby and then dying would work...just think how the mothering situation would not work too well that way.

But as long as we're thinking along the lines of dealing with getting older, I just came up with this twist.

It's like a good meal. You start pretty simple, savory little things on crackers, nibble on whatever you wish, then soup. A lovely comforting liquid that just soothes any stressors.

A main course...which is the middle of our lives, full of flavor, different kinds of fare, and definitely what we consider our active, productive years. 



So when it is time for desert, I think that's as we slide into the comfort of our "twilight years." I am not sure that feels all as comfortable as just stating becoming elders of the tribe.

And thus I now eat desert any time I feel like it (with or without the wine). And celebrate my desert years!! 



12 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I like the comment you celebrate your dessert years. Take care, have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's kind of nice, and a place perhaps younger people will look forward to, rather than the ongoing ads for "younger looking, more active older adults!"

      Delete
  2. ...I could live on desserts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's a thought. I was really surprised when I ordered chocolate cheesecake last night, and it was a barely chocolate chiffon pie...in a graham cracker crust at least...but mainly jello! Not an ounce of cheese in it I bet! But since it was take out, I couldn't complain and had to, just had to eat it all!

      Delete
  3. After I posted my Cysto blog this morning, I began to wonder how I would have fared if it were 1953 and 1923. How would they have treated me? Would I have made it? It’s so easy in 2023.

    I know this isn’t quite what you are on about, but it is where my mind is going with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And as so many GOP MAGA folks want to go back to the 50's this would be a good message for them to consider. No thanks, for me I love the 2020s. Much better medical treatment these days. I forecast it's going to get even better as boomers take over the care they need.

      Delete
  4. Hi Barbara, I wouldn't want to age backwards but I would be happy going back to 40 with the knowledge I have now...and then starting to age again. I've learned a lot about life and myself in the past 40 years... I do love my desserts now though, something I really didn't care about just a few years ago. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah ha, you've aged into a desert lover! Good thing I'd say.

      Delete
  5. I don't know about this. I don't want to live to 90, nor would I like to go backwards.
    You mean, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button!
    To answer your question, I'm not feeding ducks anymore. Butch raccoon is just licking the bowl! I've put bird feeders away, as well. I miss the birdies. But no bears!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear the name, Benjamin Button. I kept hearing Benjamin Bunny, and Benjamin Brittain. That was a rather silly movie. But the premise of having our youth as the ultimate part of life was what triggered my thoughts. I refuse to consider myself "over the hill." As a matter of fact, I just walked up my hill to see how my stamina is doing...not too bad.

      Delete
  6. Ah, you must mean "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button".

    ReplyDelete
  7. My wish would be to give my younger self some advice from a perspective hard learned.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.