Update about blogCa

Thursday, May 18, 2023

Vertical windmills, ancient and a new protest practice that's extremely dumb

 

 Ancient Windmills in Iran...

I love how he ends the video, providing life giving air.

====================================================


From another blogger, I read yesterday of this strange protest event in Germany, which crippled traffic for a while, was on the news, and doesn't need to be spread into the US!! Hope not any way! Thanks Iris Flavia who posted it on Tom's blog!


Today's quote:

Do not think of knocking out another person's brains because he differs in opinion from you. It would be as rational to knock yourself on the head because you differ from yourself ten years ago. 

-Horace Mann, educational reformer ( 1796-1859)

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to see that the info from German protests is incomplete. I read the original Blogpost you linked to and no, the protesters ALWAYS leave a passage for rescue vehicles (unlike regular car drivers in daily traffic jams). If you want more and detailed information on the Last Generation protests and their aims and demands, let me know. I am not a member but living in Germany and being involved in various aspects of the climate change action I can direct you to better sources.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have read some really good articles about the efforts in Germany. Have you heard about the regenerative model of Doughnut Economics, or is anyone working with it that you know of?

      Delete
  2. Fascinating what the ancients could do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised, as I've never seen a model of a vertical windmill. Why not?

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.