Update about blogCa

Saturday, February 23, 2019

Mountains above the clouds

After doing afternoon volunteer work at the Red House, where I met many visitors on this rainy day, I then took off for home.  I had a lovely time as a volunteer, and though I'd brought my laptop to do some photo editing, I didn't have much chance to do that...mainly was talking to visitors!

It had stopped raining, for a while at least.  At the bottom of Black Mountain St, there's been a construction trailer for a couple of years, just over a bridge over one of the tributaries of the Swannanoa River.  But what caught my eye was the top of a mountain above the clouds.  Of course this is known as fog for those still on the ground.

As I turned around, I looked at the Black Mountain Stove building.  They had a fire here last year, which only destroyed a bit of the building.  They may have resumed business right afterward, and are continuing to complete their building, but it still doesn't inspire a new customer, in my opinion.

 The building in the distance right next to the on-ramp to the interstate, is the Hampton Inn which has been under construction for over a year.

 Another view of mountaintops over foggy clouds...behind Ingles grocery on Hwy. 9.

My last view of the mountains above clouds was along Blue Ridge Rd. about where the Interstate goes over it. 


3 comments:

  1. I like seeing the mountains above the clouds. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I love seeing the mountains and the clouds. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your foggy views are a delight to see!

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.