Update about blogCa

Sunday, February 3, 2019

Imbolc ritual fun

My friends met this afternoon (Sun Feb 3) to celebrate Imbolc, Brigit, and the return of light.







Maggie led us in a dance, and I asked everyone if I could take photos.  I don't usually during a ritual, because it's kind of a sacred thing.  But I waited till after the dance was done, and asked the participants if they'd show me some of the fun movements.



Yes, we were singing a bit of Irish poetry, "May the road rise up to greet you..." though I messed up the words many different ways.

 Dolls that we brought lay around the little table for our altar in honor of Brigit.

 Our altar was central in a circle of women, including a bowl of pure water and lots of stones.

My little figure of Brigit stood on the altar also.

We all got to help make the whipped cream for the bannock cake.  Oh it was so delicious!

Then the women made their own Brigit dolls.  What a great afternoon. Did I mention singing? Eating? sharing good wishes? blessing the mantle of Brigit?  I did leave a bit early, since my cough was kind of making me tired.

Thanks to the Unitarian Universaist Congregation of the Swannanoa Valley for hostessing this ritual afternoon for Inanna's Daughters.  Thanks to the leadership of all the women who came, and especially Linda Metzner!



5 comments:

  1. What a lovely ritual. How wonderful to celebrate Imbolc like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barbara,

    I discovered and read one of your posts from 2013 about the Pulsifer family in Beaumont. I was born and grew up there, and have recently come into possession of two pieces - a pitcher and a cup, engraved with E Pulsifer and EB Pulsifer. I have no idea how anyone in my family came to own these. They are quite tarnished and I don't know what they are made of. In any event, I would like to learn more about them, with an eye to donating them to a museum or association, perhaps in Ipswich or Newburyport, or even to someplace in Beaumont. If you have a moment, please let me hear from you.

    Thanks so much,

    David Hooks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment about the E Pulsifer and EB Pulsifer artifacts. I can't come up with more information than I've found in Ancestry. I did post another blog about E. Pusifer's brother, Joseph. Here's the link...https://boardwalkbarb.blogspot.com/2014/07/joseph-perkins-pulsifer.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't have any other way to respond to your comment David Hooks...see the comment above about the Pulsifer brothers of Beaumont TX.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, David Hooks...also check the Historical Society of whichever town you're interested in. I've found more of them in New England ...but you may find one in Beaumont too.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.