Update about blogCa

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

David Cobb

I saw David Cobb yesterday.  Who, you may ask?  I did check when I got home, to see what his bio said on Wikipedia.

I went to learn more about "Move to Amend" ...the US Constitution to declare that corporations aren't people and money isn't speech.  (See here for more info on that action.)

I listened in awe to a great performance, a speaker who held his audience spell-bound, and convinced most of them to join up.  Maybe most of them were already decided when they came to the talk.  I sure learned what it is all about.  I also got a bit tired sitting.

That's the limitations of my body these days.

I was happy to have my picture taken with David along with several of my friends from church. It wasn't till today that it sunk in that I had had a former Presidential candidate's arm around me for that picture (Green Party.) Mmm, will this come back to bite me?  Who knows.  It was a great experience to listen to a charismatic speaker.  I haven't made up my mind whether I'll do more than follow the progress of this effort from the sidelines.

I have some other interesting pictures of a timeline which gives various legal decisions that impacted people v. corporations ever since the Constitution. I posted it here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.