Update about blogCa

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Forgiveness

"Please understand that in order to forgive others, we must be willing to look at our own ability to hurt, offend, and injure those around us, often the people we love and care for the most. Forgiveness doesn’t exonerate the one who hurt you nor does it trivialize the depth of your trauma. No, no. Not at all."

Rev. Michael Carter, July 14, 2013 UUCSV, Black Mountain, NC
Thanks, Michael!


 I posted this on FaceBook, from his sermon just 2 days ago.

Here's Rev. William Barber speaking yesterday in Raleigh, NC at the Moral Monday gathering outside the Legislature of elected S.O.B.'s who have been acting as if they are independent of the people of our state.  They were not elected fairly.  They have personal interests.  We citizens are letting that be known through Moral Monday gatherings.

There are only a few more planned to be held.

Anyway, the Zimmerman verdict in FL has shocked so many of us who thought racism was retreating.  I am among those who were terribly shocked to see him acquitted.  I am glad at least a civil suit will be held against him now.

Now I'm moving to see if I can forgive those legislators.  Just moving in that direction. Not to let go of the position I believe in, but to see the frailties of those who think they have power over me.   I'm also thinking of how I have been elected to serve and am I truly representing the interests of those who voted for me as a Board member.

Anyway, please take a moment of your day to look at this YouTube video of what Rev. Barber said yesterday in Raleigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.