Update about blogCa

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Trip 2011 August, first night

More email notes tell me about my first night on the road, on the way to Connecticut for my 69th birthday.

I don't know about you, but once I find a reasonable motel, I try to use it again.
The trip was planned loosely that I would drive home a different route, and stay near DC, then spend a day looking at museums that hadn't even been built the last time I got to go to DC.  I was giving myself some art exposure as a birthday present.  It didn't work out that way.


<Saturday, August 20, 2011 8:33 PM
<Hi ladies...
<Yeah!  The motel where I'm staying, can't remember which chain it is, has Wi Fi.  Oh, it's Super 8.  Very reasonable! 


<Driving has been nice and easy today.  Didn't see any accidents.  Did have to stop with several personal "near accidents "from IBS almost hourly.  I'm so upset that this is happening, where I take exits and rush to the first bathroom holding it...barely.  I just don't like taking the over the counter stuff that stops it, cause then for days I won't go at all.  But I probably will go buy some in the morning so I don't have this all day tomorrw too.

<I will be lying down soon for the night.  It's kind of hard to believe I'm actually north of DC, though a ways west of it.  Oh, I'm in Winchester, VA.  It's been so beautiful, the Virginia countryside.  I'm really enjoying it.

Next day was the fun drive through  VA, West VA, Maryland, PA, NJ, NY and CT - yes 7 states!
I hit stormy weather at one crucial point where I ended up getting off the highway and getting a bit lost...see tomorrow's posting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.