Update about blogCa

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy thanksgiving

If you think a bit, you'll remember that the hype that the schools promote, and the stores, and the movies, and the churches...is all fiction.
The Native Americans and Pilgrims didn't ever do what the fictional stories say.


But the idea of gathering to celebrate harvest is true.

The idea of sharing your bounty with those who have less is not unique to any one group of people.

I started writing about all kinds of things I'm grateful for.

Then I discovered how many things are frustrating for me, where I see disparity between the folks who have enough to share, and those who are struggling to make ends meet.



I am so grateful to belong to the family of humans.  I am so grateful to have enough food in my cupboard and freezer, though my 2 cats will soon be eating my body if I don't get them more.

I am so grateful for the love that I know exists between my family members.

I am so grateful that a friend invited me to the feast of her family for Thanksgiving.

This Thanksgiving is really a struggle for many people.  My personal sense of frustration is being held in a house that has heat. 

I have daily fulfilling activities in which I engage.  My life is good, my health is good, my environment is good, my community is good.

That's my gratitude for today.






















1 comment:

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.