Update about blog

Dawn 7:01 Mountain Time Aug 15, 2026. Marking the sun coming over the mountains behind my apartment on the smoke stack of the Powerhouse.

Monday, August 17, 2026

More than just coping with it all

 


This is a tiny bar of soap...maybe 1-1/2 inches across!



Helen sent me some meds that she picked up for me in Black Mountain, because I'm in insurance limbo with switching to Colorado healthcare from NC. She included this tiny little soap bar...especially for us people named Rogers (no relation to Rev. Fred Rogers however.)

Incidentally it triggered my interest enough to re-watch the movie with Tom Hanks in it, about Mr. Rogers. It's not like a biography, but an interesting fictionalized account of his encounters with a troubled writer.

Most of these are vitamins, but a couple are for blood pressure and heart and breathing stuff.



My screen wallpaper from the Dripolator in Black Mountain, just gives me a hug of nostalgia to see my friends Helen and Teresa as they were placing their orders.


--------------------

and then there's this...


A ritual for dealing with the wildfires.





A pagan blessing for the day...

---------------------------------


This week's loaf of homebaked bread. I didn't have a recipe, which is good because this loaf is forgettable...supposed to be cheese loaf, but can't taste it at all. But I usually toast my bread and then put something else on top of it, so it will have that flavor even if the cheese disappeared. Since the size of the loaf is so unwieldy I usually cut it in half, then slice off each half for half slices at a time. 

8 comments:

  1. ...next time may your bread be cheesy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No doubt you are already missing your friends and the places where you met.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We continue to text daily...which is not the same as sipping coffee and laughing about things together. Sigh...the time difference makes it difficult sometimes. Two hours have already gone by when I wake up, and they're asleep 2 hours before me!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It's good to know someone thought of that. Whether anyone has ever done it or not, I don't know.

      Delete
  4. Well, that bread looks fantastic, cheesy or not. That first quite resounded with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do sincerely hope that for everyone...a single wonderful thing! Wouldn't that be loverly? Bread made good slices, not good cheese bread. Wonder how much you have to put in for it to have any taste at all! A cup of sharp cheddar shreds sure didn't do a thing!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I tried moderating, thinking that would be a quicker way to check on comments, but actually it takes more time. So go ahead and talk amongst yourselves, and I'll check in when I can!!