Update about blogCa

I-40 picked up the old Rte. 66 somewhere along the way, maybe Little Rock, maybe Oklahoma City. But it is the 100th anniversary of Rte 66 so I enjoyed thinking about my parents driving on part Of it in. St. Louis at least. Here we continued from Santa Rosita to Gallup NM, then left both highways to go north to CO.

Thursday, March 28, 2024

Put food on the table, a roof over your head, and...

 "Subsidence remains a threat, but it isn’t by any means our only or even our most urgent one. 

"Increasingly, we face those “serious world-wide environmental changes” scientists warned about more than fifty years ago: sea level rise, floods, erosion, more and stronger hurricanes, more and stronger floods, winter storms that plunge millions into freezing darkness for days, and threaten blackout for months—pollution, fires, droughts, extinctions. 

Lacy M. Johnson, in "What Survives" essay in Emergence Magazine



Blackfeet camp at night 2. Montana. 

Early 1900s. Glass lantern slide by Walter McClintock

4 comments:

  1. We are seeing changes, they are not good changes. Beautiful images, the last one is a favorite. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, climate change is real. I shared the older photo because those cultures had adapted so well to their environment. Our's hasn't.

      Delete
  2. ...many of us will never face reality.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I tried moderating, thinking that would be a quicker way to check on comments, but actually it takes more time. So go ahead and talk amongst yourselves, and I'll check in when I can!!