Update about blogCa

Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Three stages in my past

  

Reformatted with the "portrait" mode of an iPhone camera taking a shot of a computer screen...thus everyone is 6 feet tall and pencil thin. I was sort of, not that tall, but those were my thin days. 1963 Pan Am Flight Attendants training class. I'm second from right front row. Many of those not in uniform were the trainers.

A few years later, married and visiting New York's World's Fair with my sister-in-law Carolyn (on l.)


And between the first and second photos above, I had my first son. It was an incredible experience.

Thanks to my second son for taking these photos from my ex-hubby's computer and sharing them with me.

That's three stages in my life within just 3 years! No comments about all the following years!


Today's quote:

CHAOS IS WHAT WE'VE LOST TOUCH WITH. THIS IS WHY IT IS GIVEN A BAD NAME. IT IS FEARED BY THE DOMINANT ARCHETYPE OF OUR WORLD, WHICH IS EGO; WHICH CLENCHES BECAUSE ITS EXISTENCE IS DEFINED IN TERMS OF CONTROL.
—TERENCE MCKENNA

20 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos of you, I am sure they are reminders of many happy times in your life.
    Take care, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised to see these on Christmas day. There was a big gathering of my family at my ex-husband's apartment. I'm glad they shared Christmas.

      Delete
  2. I was just looking through old photos today. It’s so great to have them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are lots of old photos by the time we get to be a certain age!

      Delete
  3. Something about a New Year that has us reaching for our old photos - the nostalgia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have trouble with old photos. Times past and time lost. Mistakes. I enjoyed seeing your photos, though! (ツ) from Jenn Jilks , ON, Canada!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There certainly were plenty of those too! I sometimes like doing ancestry work where there's not much known about people, so I can fill in their lives with strength and courage and love between them...from my imagination.

      Delete
  5. Great to have those old photos!
    Thanks for your comment on my blog.
    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Hope your week is just fabulous.

      Delete
  6. What lovely photos! Please share more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will check and see if there are more...when I get a chance. Seems most of my parenting years I took photos of the little ones!

      Delete
  7. I love seeing these old photos of you. So beautiful, Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, those years went by so fast, when I look back on them. Of course when I was living them each hour felt just as long as they do today. Strange.

      Delete
  8. ...wow Pan Am, those were the days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also interviewed with Americcan Airlines. Apparently something had changed and many more flights abroad (even South American counts as abroad in my mind) needed stafffing. I decided on Pan Am just because I loved Mexico when I'd visited it when 16 years old.

      Delete
  9. Barbara, I just love looking at old photos...especially when they relate to family and life experiences. Although my first flight on an airplane was in 1958 or 1959, I never had the pleasure of flying on Pan Am. My early flying experiences were on Lake Central, Mohawk, Capital and North Central Airlines. Nice photo of you and your classmates! By 1963 I was a student at Michigan State University. I remember walking across a parking lot on campus that fall...when I learned about JFK's assassination. Life marches on.... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet anyone who was alive (above the age of 8 maybe) will remember where they were when they heard about JFK, just like 9/11. My first flight had been in 58, a TWA from St. Louis to DC...a continental, turbo prop. Incredibly I took off in a rear-facing seat!

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.