Update about blogCa

Thursday, October 13, 2022

More on Climate Change

 I know, I said I was giving up this blog. But here I am.

I just watched a good film on YouTube 


"Living the Change, Inspiring Stories for a Sustainable Future."

THen I got to thinking about my interest in Doughnut Economics...particularly how I can use a circular model for my own life goals...interests, etc. I haven't figured that out yet.

But I did find a new DEAL page of "Launching 'Doughnut Unrolled' A new set of tools for your place."

I first talked about this model of economics on Sept. 18...Here.

I finally got some clarity about how this model is applied to environmental questions. Your Place, meaning wherever I live...and then The Doughnut Unrolled. Very interesting. 

If you want to know more about it, try my first post first.



10 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I guess I compartmentalize my life...here are environmental issues, Black Mountain is geographically related to where I live and visit, and Alchemy of Clay is for art subjects.

      Delete
  2. We sure have to learn to work together!
    (ツ) from Jenn Jilks , ON, Canada!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have such trouble visualizing a conversation on the environment with some of the tRump supporters. I wonder seriously if they can think for themselves any more.

      Delete
  3. ...a large share of the population needs to get their head out of the sand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I've become more interested in those who are actively addressing the situations of climate change, than trying to knock the ignorant over their heads to wake up and see our culture's crisis.

      Delete
  5. Barbara, The problem is not just the climate change deniers but also those who don't think about the issue, don't understand it and who don't care. Most of the people on this planet and probably at least half of the folks in the USA are interested in one thing...paying their bills, inflation and feeding their family. They can't or don't relate to climate change... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right...it's a concept beyond most people's daily existence. We as a species is much like the dinosaurs...just plugging along till the catastrophe happens. Too bad we had brains enough to do something about it!

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.