Update about blogCa

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Happy Birthday Rembrandt

I love finding the birthdays of famous artists...those who helped me see what beauty is...as well as who were able to show the world their views that were so extraordinary.

Rembrandt Harmenszoon van Rijn was a Dutch painter and etcher. He is generally considered one of the greatest painters and printmakers in European art and the most important in Dutch history. 

Born: July 15, 1606, Leiden, Netherlands
Died: October 4, 1669, Amsterdam, Netherlands
I've stood within inches of paintingsof his...in several different museums.  Such detail, no brushstrokes showing.
The Night Watch 1642
one of 40 Self Portraits, 1652


 I posted this a few other places, like my clay blog, and face book...it's worth sharing, isn't it?  And I found one of my favorite flute players is a descendent of his!

No comments:

Post a Comment

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.