Update about blogCa

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Midnight waterfall

Yes, she's cute drinking water out of my mug.
But not at 3:00 a.m.
And definitely not when I was rudely awakened by a cold wet waterfall bath all over myself and the bed.  I usually have a glass of water on the bedside table.  And since Muffin tries to drink out of it, I lay my glasses across the top. 
Sometime last night I heard the eye-glasses hit the floor, but I didn't want to wake up enough to pick them up.
Wrong choice.
That was her first step before trying to get the rest of the water.  It was only half full, and a tallish narrow glass.
So when she tumped it toward herself, the rest came tumbling quickly onto my shoulder, the pillow and the bed.  Talk about a rude awakening!
I am amazed how fast I found a towel, and turned on the light, and patted as much of the water up, then put another towel over the rest of the bed, and stripped the pillow case off and hung it over something, and stood the pillow up where it could dry, got a new pillow, and changed my own shirt..and then was back asleep in 10 minutes.
So this morning I turned back the sheet and mattress pad to dry things off, with a fan going too, in case moisture had seeped into the mattress.  I think I caught most of it, but these days with damp moving into mold, I want to be careful.

And a peaceful thought for the day:


Any place is sacred ground, for it can become a place of encounter with the divine Presence.
David Steindl-Rast
A Listening Heart
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.