Update about blogCa

Monday, September 16, 2013

Gaia and my own life


A good talk in church yesterday.

I'd recommend listening to anything Pana Columbus says.  Her Website here.

I will be looking to see her elsewhere, and am also looking for her book, She Wore Blue Invoking the Water. her memoir, which is available at Malaprops bookstore in Asheville.

Here's her TedX talk at Arcadia University a year ago.  http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/21528895
This isn't the same as what she said at church today...but her article Heaven on Earth is pretty much it.

So go listen to your heart, and discover your passion.

Me, I went to the river to honor Oshun, the Orisha goddess of water energy.  French Broad River just north of Asheville, as it travels north and then to the Smokies. My Rogers ancestors lived at the junction of the French Broad River and the Little Pigeon River in Pigeon Forge, TN back in 1794. But with yesterday's event, I wasn't thinking of ancestors at all. Lovely singers of the Sahara Peace Choir.  Lovely day. Drumming women (12 or so I think) and yes, I took lots of pictures.  Tomorrow I'll share.

Today I'm just in bliss.



No comments:

Post a Comment

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.