Update about blogCa

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Don't look if you hate other's vacation pics

Frequent flier miles from a dear relation, an invitation to visit re-offered a year later after a non-visit due to illness and delays last Thanksgiving, and great weather this year brought me many smiles.

That didn't mean that everyone had fair weather, because I did hear of at least one friend who's visitor didn't make it from New York for Thanksgiving.  But at least the rain in the southeast only gave our plane some qualities of a roller coaster for a while.

As anyone knows who has flown from one airport to another where you switch planes, it's a lot of the HurryUp and Wait game.



Made all my connections with minutes to spare, literally about 5 minutes on one time, but I was determined to pee before boarding so I wouldn't have to...you know.  TMI as the kids say these days.

Now where are those vacation pictures I've warned you about?

First days...


Since driving around in a big city means looking at a lot of sky, at least in FL, or just the traffic (PUL-EEZE), I was happy to see beautiful clouds showing that the cold front had already arrived (with me!)  No, I wasn't the person driving, so I got to take photos!


Next day I got to go for a walk while my son went to work.


Between palm trees and live oaks dripping with Spanish moss, I knew I wasn't in Kansas anymore. (Though you know I came from North Carolina...but we don't have those trees in the mountains either)

1 comment:

  1. I like to see photos from visits to elsewhere. I seem to be stuck in Kansas even though I am not from there either. Your shots of the plane reminded me of shots I took at JFK a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.