Update about blogCa

Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Reading these days

 This was an enjoyable light read, by the author of Cold Mountain. Maybe not completely light, as there are some very poignant passages of consideration by the characters. It doesn't take place at all in the Appalchians, like many of his books. Try Montana, Seattle, California and the back country of Florida in the 1930s. It does hold your interest!



Today's quote:

He serves his party best who serves the country best. -Rutherford B. Hayes, 19th US president (1822-1893)


4 comments:

  1. I will have to look for that one as I enjoyed reading Cold Mountain...must read that again first

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, the never ending re-reading. I've kind of given up on that, as I have so many new things to read. But that was available from the library so I whooshed right through it.

      Delete
  2. I've only heard of his Cold Mountain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that was made into a movie, which I saw. I think I read the book after seeing the movie, which was based on all those people saying the book was better. I just found it confusing.

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.