Birth: 09 Sep 1897 in Hillsboro, Hill, Texas, United States (I just corrected the year of her birth by looking at the 1900 census in which she was listed in June as 2 years old, and born in 1897 not 1898, and her grave marker also says 1897. This is a significant event, my finding my own error in a date and wondering how many people have seen and copied the wrong date on Ancestry.com)
Death: 2 Sep 1960 in San Antonio, Bexar, Texas, United States
married Albert Webb (1891-1919) on Aug 17, 1915,
married Frederick Munhall (1890-1927) on March 22, 1924
- an artist who painted scenery with the Texas bluebonnets.
- one of 4 sisters
- a seamstress who provided impeccable tailored clothes for my sister and myself throughout our childhoods.
- an alcoholic who impacted the character of my mother, and my own recovery as an adult grandchild of an alcoholic.
- a mother before she was twenty (just my mother, b. March 26, 1917)
- twice widowed before she was thirty
Mozelle Munhall's painting of bluebonnets in Texas. Someone found me on Ancestry.com when they were starting to sell this painting....to see if I knew more about her career as an artist. I didn't, but do remember several of her bluebonnet paintings in various homes of relatives. I wish I had one.
|Booth Family home in Hillsboro, Texas|
The Victorian charm of little girls...before Shirley Temple came along and personified it.
|Mozelle Booth Miller, born in 1897 probably 3 years old here|
|Mozelle and Mataley, mother and daughter, 1924, San Antonio, Texas|
She was buried with her ancestors in the Miller family plot, where both her husbands were also buried. She died in a hospital at age 62, a few days before her birthday and just months after I graduated from high school. But she had sent me an antique locket which I still have.