Update about blogCa

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Family stories

A long lost second cousin of mine, from San Antonio TX, contacted me when I wrote of our great grandfather we have in common, Charles Herman Miller.

Leslie said she had belonged to Ancestry in the past, and not at this time.  Her grandmother was Rowena Eugenia Miller Rogers.  My grandmother was Mozelle Booth Miller Webb Munhall, sisters.

I loved hearing from Leslie about our g-grandfather, Charles Herman Miller.  She's pretty sure he stowed away on a ship from Germany as a teen to come into the US.  That sure explains a lot of the mistakes in his various census reports as to when he arrived, how old he was, etc.

So I hope she has some more stories to tell.  I won't need to see photos of the graves, since Ancestry usually gives the connecting links to Find-A-Grave sites for people.

But the stories about our actual ancestors, the things that happened that aren't on papers, I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.