Update about blogCa

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Intentions



I swear I will not dishonor my soul with hatred, but offer myself humbly as a guardian of nature, as a healer of misery, as a messenger of wonder, as an architect of peace. - Diane Ackerman

Today was day two of baker and elf helper in wrapping and sending gifts to children and grands.  After the delicious Cuban Bread, there was banana nut bread.  And now a LOT of chocolate chip walnut cookies.  Oh dear, where shall I spread the sweetness?  They have to be shipped, because I'll only have one son and girlfriend visiting, for 2 days, which means they can carry some back with them...but there's way too much for just the 3 of us.  So back to packaging and shipping.

A good traveller has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” Lao Tzu


 During this season of giving, it is the intention behind the thought that is most important.

Yesterday also the contractor was working on the porch concrete.  He had to grind it, remove railings, and poured new concrete so it will hopefully drain away from the house...the raised front porch.  Nobody who visits can ever figure out which door is the front door, but a clue is you either walk into a laundry room or a studio.  What's behind door number 3?  Tee hee.  (There isn't a third door.)  I do have a wreath on the front front door.

OK, I'm out of flour and butter and sugar.  Onward!

Oh wait, I've got new ceilings being put in and painted.    But the contractor called just as I finished my shower (good timing) that he's not coming today after all.  His child is sick.  And he's going to paint all the plywood over at his house.  That's great, so I won't have to sleep elsewhere tonight.  

Hope he can finish it tomorrow.
 
Then I'll finally decorate.  I've got 2 small trees and lights, and lots of snowflakes and amoeba ornaments of various colors!

I was really grateful that I'd finished all my pottery for this year.  But I haven't after all.  So I'm out of the kitchen and back into the studio for the rest of this week.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.