Update about blogCa

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Plant shelter

My buddy Tim came over and made this great shelter for my plants.  it was too dark when he was done to take pictures.  I lie.  We were too busy fixing food for dinner to even think of taking pictures.  And after we ate, it really was too dark!

So here are some pics of it...and I have my fingers crossed that it will make it with wind gusts which Sandy has forecast to bring our way.  It's only 34 and almost noon on Mon...and I just posted the tree trimmers, so this won't get posted till tomorrow (which is when you're getting to read it, or later, I guess).

Walking up to my front door, there's this huge plastic box.

Already the wind gets under its skirts and billows around.

And you'll notice the light that's wired so I can heat up the little unit when it's cold at night.  I'll probably turn it on this afternoon, at the rate the temp is dropping.  The big chrysanthemum is either cold hardy or will die since it's so big.  I may cover it with plastic though.  Maybe I'll do some pruning and slip the fuchsia inside the box, since it might come back in the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.