Update about blogCa

Sunday, January 18, 2015

From the mudane to spiritual

I get a thought for the day over in my email in box every day from Word for the Day. org.
Today's made me think of how I use spiritual to mean sublime, a word that isn't in use much these days.
But an author who is oft quoted (didn't you like that Old English useage?) said today...
To bring the sublime into the mundane is the greatest challenge there is.
Pir Vilayat Inayat Khan
Alchemical Wisdom

And I realized I do mundane tasks in order to have a spiritual experience.  Today I'll be running the sound system for a guest speaker at my church.

It takes a lot of effort of many members of the little community to bring us together each Sunday morning for that hour of inspiration/thoughtfulness/whatever.

But to turn the urge around and take the sublime out into the world with me, to live what I believe, is the challenge, as Pir Vilayat Inayat Khan wrote so many years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.