Update about blogCa

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Now it's snowing...don't blame me

I am among all 8000 people in Black Mountain who wanted to see snow sometime this winter.  Well, maybe half of them did.  That's what all my friends were saying.

So Mother Gaia is trying her best to give it to us today.  Finally.

This time it's sticking...to the pavement at least...There's also that stream of ice from the dripping tap across the walk, which is the darker color at the junction of sidewalk and driveway.

And the little bits on tree trunk and evergreen bushes do look pretty.  Not so much yet over the grass however.


Nobody has driven or walked on Beech Street yet today.  It may be slick.  Buncombe County schools are closed, but Charles opened the studio in downtown Black Mountain.  I wonder how many folks here will go to work in clay today.  Not me.  I got cold enough opening the doors to take these pictures.  I'm counting that I'll have enough goods to get through this storm, if I do end up being snowbound.  I got more litter for the cats and some laundry soap yesterday.  The cats will have lots of dry food to eat. 

I feel for the folks further north...believe me I do.   But for Black Mountain, I guess we're living the saying "be careful what you wish for, you just might get it."  Sigh, I'll be so glad to have a chance to wear my snowboots I've been wearing for 2 years without any snow.

2 comments:

  1. I seem to be part of the minority that doesn't mind winter all that much. I guess it's a good thing since I live in Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And today (Wed.) we have complete coverage, though pretty thin. More pics coming in next post (of course) and I'm going out in 24 degrees to take even more!

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.