Update about blog

The joy of waking to this view each morning is just so wonderful. Even if the camera sees all the distortions from the window screen, I easily ignore them. Many of these green trees stand near or by the Animas River which flows through the town.

Thursday, September 3, 2026

The good, the frazzled and the vibrating things (don't get your hopes up)

 



Today's art:
Rembrandt van Rijn, The Night Watch,



My vibrating vest machine...



I'm supposed to put this vest on at least 15 minutes a day, to help loosen up mucus. If only I could be more disciplined about it. It's loud, heavy, and uncomfortable...makes my whole body shake, and I just feel awful doing it. I don't usually cough much out either. I worry about my osteoporosis and shaking my bones. So...

 There's a cute little thing I can blow into (flutter valve) which also vibrates, and I do use it frequently and it triggers a few coughs. So I'm doing what the doctor wants, sort of. Bronchiectasis means coughing is good. I sure wish otherwise. 

I push myself to just do these routines. But I'm quite tired of them. Those others who deal with chronic conditions know what I'm talking about. I won't go into how frustrating and depressing it is. Just gotta do it one day at a time!

OK Sharing with Thankful Thursday...after all I'm still breathing!

22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. True. It means dealing with repetitive acts without any positive feedback.

      Delete
  2. I tried the vest too and it didn't do much for me either. I gave it back. My Aerobika is great though when used with huff coughing. Had to look up how best to do it on youtube.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish someone would give out some training with these devices. OK, I'll check out YouTube!

      Delete
  3. Yes, those of us who have to manage a condition know how tedious it gets! But hang in, the drier air will help once you get used to the altitude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the little kitten hanging by my paws of Hang In There poster fame! I'd really rather be a normal cat that jumps and always lands on her feet!

      Delete
  4. I've just added a daily course of using a water pik and even that small thing annoys me. Probably less than two minutes and yet, I am not happy about it. I can only imagine how you must feel with your treatments and devices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After my blessedly hot shower (the 4th floor is a long way from the boiler and I've often not had hot water) this morning, I put on my glasses (of which I'm completely used to) and then my nasal cannula for oxygen. That is a new thing and quite honestly I don't feel that different with it hanging a tube along the floor everywhere I go, getting hung up on furniture, and also hanging over my ears. I'm telling myself today that I need to mother my inner child, and maybe that will psyche me into self care when I just hate all these routines.

      Delete
  5. Hello,
    The vest does not sound fun, mostly uncomfortable. I hope you find something that will help you.
    Take care, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Next time please sign your name, so I know who you are.

      Delete
  6. I knew another blogger who used this vest, and although it was annoying it really did hekp he,r as she had COPD. Perhaps think of it as going to the gym==we do that three times a week and every joint in my body hurts as I exercise, but I know in the long run it is helping me stay in shape and keep moving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My main exercise is going from the apartment down the long hallway to the elevators. I get out of breath, and keep on going. Almost daily! Yes, I need a routine.

      Delete
  7. Like that kitten, hang in there. Get a routine going that you can stick to. Start with shorter periods and work your way up to the prescribed length of time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, good advice. I'm just not a routine kind of gal. But if I go to the rehab program, there are going to be people who will watch and monitor my progress.

      Delete
  8. Vibration (within reason) is supposed to help prevent/reduce osteoporosis. There are exercise machines that vibrate and are used for osteoporosis reduction/prevention. So maybe it could help you build stronger ribs/spine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard that. My brain and neck and jaw are really uncomfortable however, with the vibrations.

      Delete
  9. As my dad used to tell me, "you must press on", and he was right. You must continue your routine, though I will say I wouldn't like that vest, either. I enjoyed the first quote and the quote about finding your path really resonated with me. Finding my new path, after retirement, has been interesting. Thank you for linking up and stay focused on your wellness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am now pushing through the walking when I get out of breath...doing it anyway. Not much to show for it, but it is possible, and then I can finally catch my breath.

      Delete
  10. ...me and my old body is far from perfect, but fortunately I make it through the day doing most of stuff that want to do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do get pouty sometimes about the demands of aging and bad health. Okay, maybe more than pouty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I like the term pouty. New to me, yet it works.

      Delete

Yay comments are working now!