Update about blog

photo from the internet

Sunday, September 27, 2026

Full moon

 


Saturday just before dawn, 6:30 am, Sept. 26, 2026, Durango CO. The highest point of land is Perin's Peak.


------------

I honor the North Carolinians and all the helpers who were faced with the devastation from Hurricane Helene 2 years ago today. See my post Life in Durango, where I talk more about it.

------------

If we merge mercy with might, and might with right, then love becomes our legacy and change, our children’s birthright.

AMANDA GORMAN

-------------------------

Holidays to hold this day:

  • Ancestor Appreciation Day

  • Consumacion de la Independencia (Mexico)

  • Crush a Can Day

  • Daughter’s Day (Fourth Sunday in September)

  • Day of the French Community

  • Gold Star Mother’s Day (Last Sunday in September)

  • Google’s Birthday

  • International Day of the Deaf (Last Sunday in September)

  • Morning Show Hosts Day

  • National A.J. Day

  • National Chocolate Milk Day

  • National Corned Beef Hash Day

  • National Doodle Day

  • National Gay Men’s HIV/AIDS Awareness Day

  • National No Excuses Day

  • National Police Memorial Day

  • National Scarf Day

  • Priesthood Sunday (Last Sunday in September)

  • Turkmenistan Independence Day

  • World Day of Immigrants and Refugees

  • World Deaf Day

  • World Tourism Day


Sunday Sept. 27, 4:28 am


12 comments:

  1. Ancestor Appreciation Day sounds pretty good to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I should make up some things to appreciate and slap them onto days of my choice. Why not? Someone made these decisions as to what they wanted to celebrate! With 366 possibilities, and this list being so long for just one day...there are thousands of celebrations and appreciations out there just waiting!

      Delete
  2. Hello Barb,
    Beautiful captures of the moon! Happy Sunday, have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...this is our granddaughter Emma's day, "National Chocolate Milk Day." She doesn't drink soda, her drink of choice is chocolate milk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good choice for your granddaughter! I don't remember the last time I drank chocolate milk, but I did enjoy it.

      Delete
  4. We’ve both shot the moon through a window this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I added another one, after your comment had already aired.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the moon photos. We are in the middle of nor'easter, so no moon for us! Most especially Thanks for the kind and supporting thought you posted on my blog. So far so good. Toes crossed we don't lose power. Hard to believe two years have passed since Helene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep dry and warm! Hope you can be all done with the procedure in no time! Yes, the 2 years have gone by with many changes for me (at least.) People in Asheville and Black Mountain would like a return to a tourism trade now, but the pictures of damages are unfortunately still in people's minds...so it's still a time of recovery. October is a big tourist month for "leaf peepers."

      Delete
  6. Barbara's sky . Barbara's moon. Exceptional.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the big old moon glow from 4 am this morning!

      Delete

Please let me know what you're thinking. I'm mostly over on the other blog these days...Life in Durango.