Update about blog

The joy of waking to this view each morning is just so wonderful. Even if the camera sees all the distortions from the window screen, I easily ignore them. Many of these green trees stand near or by the Animas River which flows through the town.

Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Wordless Wednesday Miscellaneous

 

I just turned 84. Just saying. Time to wear shades. I may have given up on a bit of things Mick is known for, but I still love Rock n roll!



From my pottery making days...



John Singer Sargent (American, Impressionism, 1856–1925) Simplon Pass, Chalets1911.

by Alan Ostmann, who may have a birthday with me.



This really makes me mad. Sorry it's a bit blurry.

-------------------

Starhawk is broadcasting a podcast, where she asks us to think more seriously about what we want from the revolution that's needed today...rather than what we don't want.

  https://starhawk.substack.com/p/podcast-and-video-future-visions?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email#media-a9b0eeba-553e-47ba-9dc1-ec706acbbee6


---------------------

A woman who quietly made a big difference by helping with children's literacy (giving away millions of books) and offered music in the country way. Our lives have been bettered by having had her influence. Yes, I visited Dollywood with family once! I loved this woman and everything she did!

11 comments:

  1. Hope you had a good birthday, and I wish you several more good years to come, in your new home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. Several years sounds good...and I am focused more on one day at a time now. I woke up to another beautiful dawn. Most of this old bod works...and I'm so grateful!

      Delete
  2. Hello,
    It was sad to hear that Dolly passed away, she will be missed. Your pottery is pretty. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kept just one piece of the little lady-bug pottery. Can't wait till I unpack it.

      Delete
  3. You really did well with your pottery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I have a lot of pieces of pottery still. Slowly I'll unpack it.

      Delete
  4. Perfect Pooh quote.
    Love your ladybug pottery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet Dolly. What's your favorite song of hers? I keep hearing ones I hadn't heard before, because I don't listen to country music much.

      Delete
  5. ...a lot has happened this week, but keep rocking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me and Mick...not Mitch! There are a lot of my generation who survive!

      Delete
  6. Sounds like everyone is a fan of your pottery; me too! Mick and Keith - two icons to bad living, .lol. Wishing you many more years.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate hearing from you, especially if you're thinking about the topics I'm sharing.