Fourth floor lobby between elevators and two directions of halls.
The last door in this direction is a trash chute, for small items.
It was fun for Bing to post this photo as a screen saver the other day!
The view from my desk. I'm kind of struck each morning as the sun blasts its reflection into the windows, which can be blinding compared to the best efforts of my monitor. This was taken a few minutes after the one at dawn on Aug. 15, which I used as a header. I'll share it here too because when I change headers, it's lost from blog archives. Soon I close the vertical blinds with just a crack for fresh air to come in. The Storytime shot says "I've never met the devil (yet) but I imagine it's a pretty scary experience. but then again I guess that's the point."
Saw smokestack dawn again on Aug 17 at 7:03 am.
The 8 am train (came by around 8:25 Saturday) and I didn't bother to close the windows. I noticed when the engineer toots the whistle, it emits white smoke, but there are definitely puffs of black coming out that engine. If I start noticing anything sooty in the apartment, I'll probably change my attitude.
Pardon the screens giving the flickering images...but I'm just so thrilled still to actually wake up to see these views each day.
Yes, I'm very happy here.
------------
Tuesday night I woke up at 2:30 am and opened the windows...it was definitely cooler outside than in. And for the first time I stood at the window and saw the stars. I had to block the city lights below me, and there they were. Very nice indeed.
---------
No, I haven't made friends yet. It's coming.
I'm feeling much better health-wise too! The heat has had a break...and I hope it doesn't come back, but it is still August.
My gratitude goes as high as these boundless skies! Thankful Thursday!

Good morning from way over here. You answered my unasked question about happiness, and that makes me happy.
ReplyDeleteGood to hear...though I'm still dealing with adapting to the altitude, I feel more energized each day. The bright sunshine is great with low humidity! The people are friendly, and oh my, what a lot of places to explore!
DeleteThis is wonderful to read, Barb! Those views are amazing!
DeleteThanks Jenn! As I fight becoming a mushroom...I'm so glad to no longer be in such humidity. The other part of non-mushroom-hood is to get up and go out. The weather is getting much more bearable most days!
Delete...it's good to hear that you are settling in well.
ReplyDeleteSettle settle settle!
DeleteSome nice views from up on the fourth floor. Glad to hear that you are happy and settling in. I laughed at the little anty bodies, that cracked me up. :)
ReplyDeleteNow I need to get going down on the ground. Soon I hope. Working on health issues to breathe better still.
DeleteIt's good to hear you're happy there. Good decision for you. And it's nice to wake to such a sweeping view.
ReplyDeleteThis morning as I again mused over my new position on the earth, I realized that I live a few miles from Mesa Verde, where indigenous people walked this same land. That the cars, bicycles, joggers, trucks and even a train moved over the exact earth, the rocks and hills, just made me feel so connected to them all, and so small in the greater scheme of things.
DeleteSo much sky and distance in which your soul can expand, simply by looking out your window.
ReplyDeleteI believe all of us here can say that your happiness makes us happy.
Oh that's so wonderful, to share this joy with you and know you're smiling on my behalf. Thanks!
DeleteNice little conversation areas in the lobby area of your floor!
ReplyDeleteI keep rushing past the yellow chairs, but the rockers around the corner do look nice. I asked a long-time resident if she'd ever sat in the yellow chairs, and at first she didn't even know what I was talking about, but then answered, never!
DeleteI suppose sitting in a corridoor isn't too inviting
DeleteThe place reminds one of a waiting room...which most of us experience at one doctor or another regularly. Sigh.
DeleteI'm so glad you're settling in. It looks really delightful. I'm amazed to see the sooty steam train. Is that normal for the USA or is it a heritage line?
ReplyDeleteThis train is narrow gauge, which is left from when mines were working up in the mountains. So it's just a tourist run. The little steam engines are also definitely heritage. Trains in the USA are all diesel now, and they are very far apart. The only place that even slightly resembles those in England would be in the New England/New York/Philadelphia area where people still commute to work. The rest of the US just is too big to have regular passenger service, unfortunately. I hope high speed lines eventually are built.
DeleteSuch a great view--full of interest and always changing! Your new home looks really nice. And it's wonderful to know you're happy.
ReplyDeleteThere are certainly interesting things to see out my windows. I could easily just sit here and be an observer of life. But yet I'm drawn to go out and explore!
DeleteI am glad to hear that you are happy in your new place. I like your views and that train. I would leave my windows open, too :) Thank you for linking up!
ReplyDeleteSo far I close the windows when the temp is over 80...and the blinds to the blinding sunshine in the later afternoon. Right now however (Thursday at 5 pm) there is cloud cover, so I am able to watch whatever is happening.
DeleteYour building is very nice! The hallways are so cheerful. I am glad you are settling in your new home!
ReplyDeleteThanks. I think I'm adapting slowly. That's why you all get such tedious posts here on my blog...and I appreciate all the comments.
DeleteBesides there being a break in the weather, do you also think you are adjusting to the altitude and that is helping how you feel?
ReplyDeleteAnd those views! I wonder if they will ever get old?
I'm quite impatient, but have noticed just a bit better breathing. Fingers and toes crossed.
DeleteHello Barb,
ReplyDeleteI am glad to hear your are happy in your new home and town. I love the views out your window.
The apartment building looks nice. I hope you meet some new friends. Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend!