Recently I captured two other photographer's work of different murals. So bringing them forward here...
In Asheville NC.
In Manitou Springs, CO
Some Monday soon I'll have some murals from Durango to share. As I drive slowly through town I see glimpses, and know I'll have to park and go see them closer to be able to share.
Connecting with Sami's Monday Murals.
I'll sneak in another photo that shows I'm trying different techniques taking my window photos.
Camera up against screen.Enlarged view with camera against screen.
From yesterday, Sunday, Aug. 2, 2026 Below is the temperature at almost 4 pm. I hadn't been out since 10:45, when it was 76 degrees.
Today's quote:
Throw your dream into space like a kite, and you do not know what it will bring back, a new life, a new friend, a new love, or a new country. -Anais Nin, author (1903-1977)


That full building waterfall mural is stunning! And the crow with its banner is perfect for a beautiful old brick bruilding! A favourite blogger of mine blogs from Manitou Springs CO and celebrates that wonderful place too, particularly during its big Halloween celebrations every year.
ReplyDeleteI'd love to know the blogger in Manitou Springs...looking for more Colorado connections! I love big Halloween celebrations too.
DeleteHer blog is called Lady M's Haunted Parlor. Here is the link --
Deletehttps://ladymshauntedparlor.wordpress.com/
She blogs somewhat sporadically during the year but posts almost everyday in the Fall because she loves Halloween, gothicness, witchiness, etc. She and her husband (Lord M) and daughter (Baby M) take it very seriously! And she now has a new grandson who will be raised in the lore as well. Very exciting! She is a wonderful artist as well. I've been reading her blog for many years.
Thanks so much!!
DeleteYou solved the photo problem well. Great murals, one for artistry and the other for cleverness. Have a good day and beginning of the week.
ReplyDeleteI'm also finding my own sense of perspective has changed (age or dry climate?) and these mountains that I see clearly in the distance, barely show on photos!
DeleteI wonder if the mountains are much further away than they seem in the bright dry air? It's interesting to follow your experiments in taking pictures in your new home.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're interested...because I am enjoying the heck out of seeing different features minute by minute...There were crows in the Four Firs (I've named them because they are such gorgeous features) and on the phone lines closer to me I've seen a few blue birds this morning. I'm so thrilled.
DeleteA river! Yes! I'm so glad you have one near enough to go and sit by.
ReplyDeleteAs a word person more than a visual person, I truly love the crow banner.
101 is too hot!
And it's music as well! Something you relate to better than I do!
DeleteYour new home is like a bird's nest or a treehouse or maybe the penthouse suite! You seem up in the clouds! And I think you need to stay inside with those crazy hot temperatures! 76 is more my speed too! Love the murals.
ReplyDeleteThanks, I think the penthouse might be close...but the trees are at a distance, so not as much a nest as the last one where I had branches within 10 feet of my windows. This apartment is about the same size, now just to do the jigsaw work of fitting everything into its "proper place."
Delete...101 and 15% chance of rain, it's 65 here and raining. Take care and be well.
ReplyDeleteI've not yet seen when it rained, but had evidence of raindrops on the windows. Cutting the sunshine down with the blinds means I am pretty removed from nature here. Ah to be a townie now...I don't remember if I've ever lived right in the downtown before!
DeleteThe quote is particularly appropriate for you. I wonder what that large white building below the highest peak is. I expect you'll find out. The mural on the brick is especially effective,
ReplyDeleteThe large building doesn't show on my map as hotel or restaurant...and at night it has lights along the roof eves...very pretty across the valley. I'll have to go exploring sometime....and yes, I've thrown my dream into this new country. Nobody has told me yet what a person who lives in Durango calls herself. I am a newcomer for now!
DeleteLove the murals and that is a beautiful picture of the river in your header! I just love the shadow of the bridge and the way the sun is shining off the water. Also holding the camera against the screen does seem to help with your window pictures. I do that on the glass windows with my phone when I'm on a tour bus and it gets rid of most of the reflections.
ReplyDeleteGood advice. My windows are covered with spots, where dust and infrequent rains mingle.
DeleteGreat murals, I love the waterfall and the crow. Cool capture of the train! Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
ReplyDeleteYou all may indeed get sick of pictures of the train!
DeleteThe murals are GREAT!
ReplyDeleteUp close to the screen photos work well. LOVE the train below, So disappointed that Biden and Buttegeige did not follow through with their plan to improve rail throughout the country. Infrastructure failing now at every turn.
When I think of how the trans-continental tracks were laid back in mid 1800s on the backs of Chinese laborers, I understand how that labor intensive work would be quite expensive even at todays minimum wages! But I do love the idea of travel by train, even though the west is so far apart between places! High speed rail would be ideal!
DeleteBarbara, Just caught up on reading all your blog posts since you started your trip across country. I was away for the week with family. Sounds like the settling in time has had some ups and downs but you're handling it well. How exciting to be learning about new places and new sights to see and experience.
ReplyDeleteHave you registered to vote?
I probably will when I get the new driver's license. register. I hate to not vote in NC where Cooper is in an important Senate race.
DeleteGreat views from your new place. That first mural is stunning and gigantic! Beautiful quote too. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Barbara.
ReplyDeleteLove your header photo!
ReplyDeleteLooks like it’s mighty hot!
wow that waterfall mural is spectacular. Have a great week. I am joining you at Monday Murals
ReplyDelete