Update about blog

The Animas River flows under the Durango-Silverton narrow gauge railroad bridge in Durango's Rotary Park. Part of the Animas River Trail - walking and biking, dog walking and jogging! And benches for resting and reflecting!

Sunday, August 2, 2026

I'm looking around

 




I think this is Hogsback Mountain...west of Durango, outside my windows at dawn (through the screens)

AC, is there any way I can get the phone camera to not bring the screens into the photos? Remember I just have an iPhone 12.

And Saturday I did a quick run to find my way to two spots I want to visit...the first one for Sunday!







There is at least one UU deer enjoying the hedges!

I also found that in the same neighborhood is the Senior Center. It's right next to the Senior High School...different kind of seniors!




I'll check it out soon!

And I've not been sharing many quotes lately. Did you miss them?

At some point in life, the world’s beauty becomes enough.

TONI MORRISON



16 comments:

  1. You're jumping right in and getting to know your new community.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will take quite a while. Fortunately Google maps help me find things, then I get Seri (or whatever) to give me directions to get there. Whew...AI does have its uses!

      Delete
  2. I recently had to remove a screen in order to get a shot. You could try tapping the screen on the object that you want to be in ficus, but it probably won’t work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am tapping the phone screen to get lighting and focus improved. I think sometime I'll try putting camera close to the screen, so it's just a blur? or maybe I'll get tired of taking photos of the same views...and go for a walk by the river. Eh? I want very much to do that.

      Delete
  3. I hope you feel well enough to go visit the UU church soon for a service. I think that will really help you ease into a new community.
    I agree with Toni Morrison. I believe I am there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The world sure offers such incredible beauty! Yes, church will happen when I am ready. I made some really great friends who I met at the UU churches in different places I've lived...Knoxville TN, Jacksonville FL, Tampa FL, Black Mountain NC.

      Delete
  4. It looks so interesting there! I forget where you moved to. We will be in Colorado next month and looking forward to seeing that different landscape very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Durango is in the SW corner of the state...if you come through here let's meet for sure!! If not, have a great trip! Enjoy the dry hot weather!

      Delete
  5. You're wasting no time in getting your neighborhood bearings. Have you found the library yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I passed a building that said Carnegie this morning...thinking it should be a library, but I didn't check further. Good suggestion. Today's goal will be blogging foder in a day or so...the river!

      Delete
  6. The morning light on the mountain is beautiful. And well done to be finding your way around so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it's a small town, though spread out around mountains and canyons. Google Earth maps have helped incredibly! The little tour down a street lets me know what to expect, better than flat maps...but the mountains and canyons don't show up till you drive around!

      Delete
  7. ...this looks like a welcoming place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One tenant here in Tamarin Square Apartments has been most helpful. Now I know of a free concert in a nearby park, and how to use the key fob to get into the building!

      Delete
  8. Love the architecture of that UU Church!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I didn't feel up to being in a crowd today, but will be joining that group soon.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I tried moderating, thinking that would be a quicker way to check on comments, but actually it takes more time. So go ahead and talk amongst yourselves, and I'll check in when I can!!