A Japanese restaurant was the chosen site for a combo birthday and thank-you dinner for my son and his wife.
Dinner at the East by Southwest restaurant last night was super. I had tempura shrimp and veggies, Tai had vegetarian sushi, and Kendra had duck spring rolls (I got one) and Ramen with pork. That was after mojitos and edamame and beet fries. We left nary a crumb!
Then Tai and Kendra flattened more boxes and took them out for recycling. It makes the place begin to look like its lived in.
A nearby grocery with organic produce.
A nearby grocery with organic produce.
Yesterday I felt like I was coming down with something. But my son hooked me into his Netflix so I watched Remarkably Bright Creatures...or whatever it is with Sally Field. So lovely.
So I took it easy, didn't do much, lots of lying around and eating tiny meals. That's what the body seemed to want.
What a lovely way to spend time with loved ones. Everything look delicious.
ReplyDeleteWe enjoyed Remarkably Bright Creatures. Now to read the book.
We had a good time together. I guess the only thing I missed was having a doggy bag to have left overs...but delicious was quite enough.
DeleteThat meal looks so delicioius! And so artfully presented. I love the fish sculptures mounted on the walls -- appropriate for a sushi place!
ReplyDeleteThose are real stuffed fish...taxidermy done. Huge Grouper over the bar!
DeleteThat whole dining experience was lovely, end to end. Nice that your new home has handy restaurants. And that you're in such good terms with your son and partner.
ReplyDeleteAs a tourist town, Durango has lots of good restaurants. We got there early, but there was not an empty table by the time we left. I love my son and Kendra, and we are working out our little differences.
DeleteThe food was so attractively plated. It sounds like it was a good way to celebrate.
ReplyDeleteIt was a lovely evening, and quite delicious food!
DeleteWe used the kids' netflix for a long time until they shut us down. But then we were able to piggyback onto their plan for $10/mo. Sha gets the bill, and I send her $10 at the beginning of the month. She tells me not to, but I do it anyway. Just a cheap alternative to keep in mind if they shut you down too.
ReplyDeleteThat's good to know. Thanks.
DeleteThat all looks so festive! And delicious.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're listening to your body. It will tell you what it wants which is sometimes vanilla ice cream!
Thanks. I actually am drawn more to plain yogurt into which I scatter nuts and chocolate chips, the ice cream may sit for a long time in my freezer.
Delete...now I need my breakfast, you made me hungry!
ReplyDeleteI'm still waking up (though it's 10:30 EDT!) But breakfast sounds like a plan!
DeleteOne thing about the Japanese, everything they do is done artfully. Art and beauty is ingrained in their culture.
ReplyDeleteThat's true, and wonderful to see...and share!
DeleteBeautiful new header! And the meal sounds wonderful!
ReplyDeleteThanks Vicki. I missed seeing a blog by you yesterday. Glad to see you this morning!
DeleteThose shrimp look yummy as does everything else! I absolutely loved that movie.
ReplyDeleteIt was definitely delicious Tempura, and the movie was very well done! Thanks for stopping by!
Delete