Update about blog

The joy of waking to this view each morning is just so wonderful. Even if the camera sees all the distortions from the window screen, I easily ignore them. Many of these green trees stand near or by the Animas River which flows through the town.

Saturday, August 29, 2026

Back to cat appreciation

 


Basking in the Sun (2026) by Ukrainian-born artist Lena Rivo



Now that the days are growing shorter, many of my friends are preparing for Halloween (Samhain for Pagans)


Muffin was born on my birthday, on the front porch in St. Augustine FL, to a feral mom. She was  a darling friend for 18 years.



Panther, my last cat


I think this is Alice

Our family has several grey tabbies. I just found out they're called Butterfly Tabbies if they have the familiar "M" over their eyebrows.

Pretty sue this is Shiva. I will get to be a cat sitter for my grand-cat when my son and his wife go camping for a weekend soon.

Not Shiva!

The Purry Night





by Paul Marcotte Longmont CO 8.21.26

Sharing with Saturday's Critters.



I'm not a Canadian, just a friend of many Canadians!


22 comments:

  1. Love that first painting. How relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been there, done that! The artist captured the mood very well!

      Delete
  2. I am familiar with the M but not Butterfly Tabbies. Must go look it up.

    Back: I didn’t see it, but I saw a lot of Ms.

    Mind you, I didn’t see Harlequin Tabby either and supposedly we had one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure what "a lot of Ms." might be. Now my addled early morning brian is stumped.

      Delete
  3. Correctly it's Canada Geese.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed, as I know, but it came that way from FB!

      Delete
  4. We always have just called cats with the M on their heads "M Cats." Not very imaginative but descriptive, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I just found out from Kendra about butterfly tabbies...always just called them tabbies before. I've never had one actually, with lots of calicos and tortoiseshells.

      Delete
  5. Oh my....your banner is just amazing! I could look at that view all day too. And just wait until it changes in the seasons to come. I'm so excited to visit you and hear about your life now. I LOVE NC of course but this part of the country is one of my favs too! Enjoy your week and the nice weather! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are already people talking about the great color changes. It' funny, but they will occur the same weeks that they do in NC! So people everywhere will be enjoying looking out at leaves.

      Delete
  6. Hello Barb, I love all the art and critters. Your angel kitties are adorable. Awesome moon photo. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be part of the crowd of people photographing animals and sharing them weekly with you!

      Delete
  7. I do like a cat heavy post. So many times I've sat and read, with one or more kitties putting a paw right on the word I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, I don't think the paw touching a word has happened to me, but oh so many times a furry body thought the keypad for the computer was meant to be their bed.

      Delete
  8. I have to say Muffin is the prettiest cat. I wanted to reach in the screen and grab her. There is something so soothing about a kitty. (maybe not always in real life, though).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yees, there are the claws and teeth to have respect of on dear little fur babies...no matter the age or species!

      Delete
  9. Lena Revo - lovely painting, snow white girl of perfection, Cats are the best- generally with self depreciating senses of humor- endearing! Every goof ball antic is - "I meant to do that!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, there is such an air of intentionality and maybe even royalty with cats.

      Delete
  10. I adore cats and have had many grace most of my life. I;m also looking forward to fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm aged out of having my own cat, especially after the last two died after long illnesses. That was hard on me.

      Delete
  11. À lovely collection. Tha patchwork cat and mouse!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate hearing from you, especially if you're thinking about the topics I'm sharing.