Update about blog

The Animas River flows under the Durango-Silverton narrow gauge railroad bridge in Durango's Rotary Park. Part of the Animas River Trail - walking and biking, dog walking and jogging! And benches for resting and reflecting!

Saturday, August 8, 2026

Just a grand-pup ( and some bees)

 

 I already shared the Unitarian deer.


My son plays almost daily with my grand-pup, Zora. He throws a ball, she brings it back, over and over again.

Tai with Zora on a back packing  camping trip.


She's happily resting on the remains of her  doll.


And speaking of dolls...

My friend Teresa made sure I'd remember Black Mountain with this little stuffie. "You've got a friend in Black Mountain NC"  Of course the bookshelf didn't remain  empty for long.

I just saw a wonderful mural (among several) by The Good of the Hive. Here's the video.





This beautiful mural is part of Matt Willey's The Good of the Hive mural project: hand painting 50,000 honey bees—the number in a healthy hive—in murals and installations around the world. Located on the former Honey & the Hive building in Weaverville, this beautiful mural was painted in 2016 and still remains on the building (as of Sept 2025 Google Maps).
This mural became a loving tribute to Honey & the Hive founder Sarah McKinney, who sadly passed in 2020.
The mural can be found at 23 Merrimon Ave/US-19 Business.

Sharing with Saturday's Critters



11 comments:

  1. Bees! We owe them so much. They deserve a mural.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying my honey laced coffee this morning, and every morning! Yay to bees!

      Delete
  2. I love the bee mural. I wonder where all they are being painted?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for bringing "The Good of the Hive" project to my attention! I am completely entranced by it! The website for the project is fascinating. I love bees and I love murals, so this is a perfect marriage of the two! For others who may be interested, the website is at thegoodofthehive.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it would be fun to find more of his murals!

      Delete
  4. ...Thanks for sharing The Good of the Hive, I was able to see this mural.
    https://backroadstraveller.blogspot.com/2025/09/the-good-of-hive-project-mural.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's a great project! So glad you linked to your post last year...we love our bees!

      Delete
  5. I also am a bee lover, most folks are I reckon. I had not heard of this mural project- thank you. I do hope that they are protected- both the honey bees and the murals! Your grand dog is certainly a guy's best friend looks like they have adventured through life together very well. I hope that you are settling in nicely. NC will always be missed I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my neighbors keeps bees and every now and then he'll bring me a pint of honey. I love the murals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am finally seeing more bees on my basil plants. Not in the numbers I've seen some summers but I'm so happy to see any, really. What a beautiful project those murals are.
    I have three granddogs. One of them will soon be bigger than I am. Quite frankly I'm not comfortable being around her because I know in her puppy enthusiasm (yes, she's still a pup), she could easily knock me over.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I tried moderating, thinking that would be a quicker way to check on comments, but actually it takes more time. So go ahead and talk amongst yourselves, and I'll check in when I can!!