Update about blog

The joy of waking to this view each morning is just so wonderful. Even if the camera sees all the distortions from the window screen, I easily ignore them. Many of these green trees stand near or by the Animas River which flows through the town.

Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Shhh! Library wordless Wednesday

 

Afternoon showers, we finally had a bit of rain on Aug 11.

I featured the exterior of the Durango Public Library earlier in the month.


First floor has meeting rooms, and a lot of fiction...

And a great view of the Animas River


A huge children's room, as well as a separate room for story time.



and an elevator to the second floor where...

research and non-fiction are available, as well as these views...

 The bike path goes for miles along the Animas River, and here the narrow gauge railroad that goes to Silverton.


Many young people are riding electric bikes around town. The library can check out bike locks for those who visit there.





and yes, you can sit out on these balconies and enjoy reading or whatever!

Sharing with (almost) Wordless Wednesday

13 comments:

  1. The library looks great, I love the views. The bike path along the river looks like a great place for a walk too.
    Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do plan to spend many hours there. The pathway had mainly bikes on it, but it was pretty hot out that afternoon.

      Delete
  2. Why isn't that bibliosaurus holding a book?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always good to find the library when you move to a new place. Looks like you have a nice one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is really a beautiful and well stocked library. Unfortunately, I tend to use Libby and check out most of my reading on line these days. I've even already read a first book!

      Delete
  4. This is almost as nice as our local library, which also has balconies and second and third floor views over the town and trees everywhere. I very much approve balconies for libraries, very civilized.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love hearing your stories about your knitting group. There's one here too. I may have to find a project and go check it out.

      Delete
  5. What a great library situation. Our one-storey building pales in comparison. And you have the views too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our small town of Black Mountain had a recent celebration of maybe the library's 50th year, with a building not quite that old, but close. The library in Asheville was bigger, but no balconies! This is much more modern and quite impressive!

      Delete
  6. ...this looks like a fabulous library, a great community asset!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm quite thrilled to find such a wonderful resource!

      Delete
  7. Yeah for you, Barbara, on being able to use such a great looking library and thanks for the tour!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I tried moderating, thinking that would be a quicker way to check on comments, but actually it takes more time. So go ahead and talk amongst yourselves, and I'll check in when I can!!